MEATBALL MAC & CHEESE | MRFOOD.COM
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1/2 pound elbow macaroni|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 cup (about 1/2 pound) diced Cheddar cheese or cubed processed cheese spread (like Velveeta)|
|1/4 teaspoon dry mustard|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 1/2 cups frozen cocktail meatballs, thawed and cut in half|
MACARONI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE WITH MEATBALLS RECIPE …
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|8 oz frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs (from 16-oz bag), thawed|
|3 cups uncooked rotini pasta (8 oz)|
|2 1/4 cups milk|
|1 package (1.8 oz) white sauce mix|
|1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)|
|1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)|
|1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted|
|3 tablespoons Progresso™ Italian-style dry bread crumbs|
|2 medium green onions, chopped (2 tablespoons)|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cut any large meatballs in half. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan, mix milk and sauce mix with wire whisk. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses until melted. Stir in pasta and meatballs. Spoon into baking dish. In small bowl, mix butter, bread crumbs and onions; sprinkle over top.
- Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and top is golden brown.
Calories 710 , CarbohydrateContent 70 g, CholesterolContent 125 mg, FatContent 2 , FiberContent 4 g, ProteinContent 40 g, SaturatedFatContent 16 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 1690 mg, SugarContent 10 g, TransFatContent 1 g
MAC AND CHEESE AND MEATBALLS – INSTANT POT RECIPES
standard mac and cheese, combined with meatballs— a fusion of two
favorite comfort foods in every serving.
You can use frozen beef or pork mini meatballs (so long as they are
1/2–1 ounce each). However, we found that turkey meatballs have a milder
flavor, so the dish tasted more like cheese than meat— that is, more the
way a mac and cheese should taste.
Provided by: From Freezer to Instant Pot Cookbook by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 28 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|4 cups chicken or vegetable broth (1 quart )|
|1 lb mini or bite-sized frozen turkey meatballs ((even vegan and/or gluten-free meatballs, if that’s a concern), 1/2-1 ounce each)|
|4 tbsp butter (1/2 stick )|
|2 tsp stemmed fresh thyme leaves (or 1 teaspoon dried thyme)|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp table salt|
|16 ounce elbow macaroni (or gluten-free elbow macaroni, not “giant” or “jumbo” macaroni)|
|12 ounces shredded cheddar (Swiss, mozzarella, Havarti, Monterey Jack, or other semi-firm cheese, or even a blend of cheeses (3 cups))|
|1 ounce finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano (1/2 cup)|
|1/2 cup heavy cream (or light cream, but not “fat-free”)|
- Press the button SAUTÉ. Set it for HIGH, MORE, or CUSTOM 400°F and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- Mix the broth, meatballs, butter, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in an Instant Pot. Heat until many wisps of steam rise from the liquid. Turn off the SAUTÉ function. Stir in the macaroni and lock the lid onto the pot.
- Option 1 Max Pressure Cooker
Press Pressure cook on Max pressure for 5 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off.
- Option 2 All Pressure Cookers
Press Meat/Stew or Pressure cook (Manual) on High pressure for 6 minutes with the Keep Warm setting off. The valve must be closed.
- Use the quick-release method to bring the pot’s pressure back to
normal. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker.
- Press the button SAUTÉ. Set it for HIGH, MORE, or CUSTOM 400°F and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the shredded cheese, grated Parmesan, and cream until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Turn off the SAUTÉ function; set the lid askew over the pot and let sit for a couple of minutes. Serve warm.
EASY MEATBALL MAC & CHEESE – MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1 pkg. (7-1/4 oz.) KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner|
|12 frozen fully cooked meatballs|
|6 cups of water (to boil macaroni)|
|4 Tbsp. margarine|
|1/4 cup 2% milk|
- Prepare KRAFT Macaroni & Cheese Dinner using water (to boil the macaroni), margarine, and milk as directed on the box.
- While macaroni & cheese is cooking follow the directions on the frozen meatballs to heat them in the microwave.
- When the macaroni & cheese and meatballs are done, dish one cup of mac & cheese into a bowl and top with 3 meatballs, continue until everyone is served.
Calories 0 g, FatContent 0 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 0 g, SodiumContent 0 g, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 0 g, ProteinContent 0 g
MELTING MEATBALL MACARONI RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Cassie Best
Categories: Dinner, Main course, Supper
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|300g pork mince|
|400g beef mince (with around 10% fat)|
|½ tsp fennel seeds|
|½ tsp chilli flakes|
|2 tsp dried oregano|
|200g taleggio or mozzarella , chopped into small chunks|
|2 tbsp olive oil|
|1 large onion , finely chopped|
|4 garlic cloves , crushed|
|2 tsp tomato purée|
|50ml red wine|
|2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes|
|3 bay leaves|
|2 tsp golden caster sugar|
|400g macaroni or other pasta shape|
|crusty bread , to serve (optional)|
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the pork and beef mince with the fennel seeds, chilli, 1 tsp oregano and some seasoning in a large bowl until combined. Divide and shape into 18 meatballs with a nugget or two of taleggio in the middle (save some for the top), then chill for 10 mins.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan (use a flameproof casserole dish if you can – it’ll save on washing up). Add the onion and a pinch of salt and sizzle until softened (about 8 mins). Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then add the tomato purée, wine, tomatoes, passata, bay leaves, sugar, the remaining oregano and lots of seasoning, then cover with a lid and simmer for 20 mins. Meanwhile, arrange the meatballs on a baking tray lined with foil, drizzle with the remaining oil and bake for 10 mins.
- Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions, then drain, reserving some water. If the pan isn’t ovenproof, tip the sauce into a casserole dish. Stir the pasta into the sauce, along with the liquid from the meatballs and some pasta water if it needs thinning. Turn the grill to a medium-high setting.
- Nestle the meatballs into the pasta, so that they poke out the top. Scatter the remaining taleggio over the top and grill for 5-10 mins until the cheese and meatballs are golden. Serve with crusty bread, if you like.
Calories 646 calories, FatContent 24 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 11 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 40 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 9 grams sugar, FiberContent 5 grams fiber, ProteinContent 36 grams protein, SodiumContent 1.8 milligram of sodium