MEATBALL-STUFFED GARLIC BREAD SLIDERS | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Beef Appetizers
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 18 rolls
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1 yellow onion, diced|
|5 cloves garlic, minced, divided|
|1 pound ground beef|
|2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley, plus more for garnish|
|1 large egg|
|¼ cup plain bread crumbs|
|1 cup shredded fontina cheese, divided|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste|
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|18 dinner rolls|
|2 cups spicy tomato sauce|
|2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and 2 cloves garlic; cook and stir until onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
- Place beef in a large bowl. Add onion-garlic mixture, parsley, egg, bread crumbs, and 1 large handful of fontina cheese, reserving the rest for topping. Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Mix by hand until just combined. Scoop meat mixture into 24 mini muffin cups; meatballs need not be perfectly round.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the centers, about 12 minutes. Leave oven on. Let meatballs cool briefly while you make the garlic butter.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add remaining minced garlic once butter starts to bubble; stir, then immediately remove from heat. Stir well and set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil; coat foil with remaining olive oil. Transfer rolls, still attached, to the baking sheet. Cut a hole in the top of each roll, about 2/3 of the way down. Brush garlic butter over the insides and outsides of the rolls.
- Bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Pour about 1 tablespoon tomato sauce into each hole. Stuff meatballs into the holes. Top each roll with a spoonful of tomato sauce and remaining fontina cheese. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
- Continue baking until cheese is melted, 12 to 15 minutes. Garnish with more parsley. Let rolls sit for 5 to 10 minutes to firm up; transfer to a serving platter.
Calories 399.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 45.6 g, CholesterolContent 78.3 mg, FatContent 9.8 g, FiberContent 2.6 g, ProteinContent 21 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.3 g, SodiumContent 653.9 mg, SugarContent 1.6 g
ITALIAN MEATBALL BUNS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen.
|12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls|
|1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 cup minced fresh basil|
|1-1/2 cups marinara sauce, warmed|
- Let dough stand at room temperature until softened, 25-30 minutes., Cut each roll in half. Wrap each portion around a meatball, enclosing meatball completely; pinch dough firmly to seal. Place on greased baking sheets, seam side down. Cover with kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours., Preheat oven to 350°. Bake buns until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Brush tops with oil; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Serve with marinara sauce.
Calories 98 calories, FatContent 4g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 13mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 253mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
PULL-APART CRESCENT MEATBALL SLIDERS RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
|16 frozen Italian meatballs (1/2 oz each)|
|1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Original Crescent Rolls (8 Count)|
|1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)|
|1/2 cup tomato basil pasta sauce (from 28-oz jar)|
|2 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper. Make meatballs in microwave as directed on package; set aside to cool slightly. Unroll and separate dough into 2 long rectangles. Place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Firmly press edges and perforations to seal. Press each dough sheet into 14×4-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese down center of both pieces of dough. Space 8 meatballs evenly over cheese on each piece of dough. Spoon pasta sauce over meatballs. Press ends together to seal.
- Starting from one end, stretch and pull both sides of dough up and between each meatball; press together to seal.
- With table knife, score dough between meatballs.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush evenly over dough. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 26 to 30 minutes or until dough is deep golden brown and meatballs are hot in center (at least 165°F). Serve with additional warmed pasta sauce for dipping.
Calories 110 , CarbohydrateContent 7 g, CholesterolContent 10 mg, FatContent 1 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 200 mg, SugarContent 2 g, TransFatContent 0 g