CINNAMON-SUGAR MINI MUFFINS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen.
|5 tablespoons butter, softened|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 large egg, room temperature|
|1/2 cup 2% milk|
|1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/3 cup butter, melted|
|2/3 cup cinnamon sugar|
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes. Beat in egg. Beat in milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture just until moistened., Fill greased miniature muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Dip muffins in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm.
Calories 116 calories, FatContent 5g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 21mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 114mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 16g carbohydrate (10g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
CHOCOLATE CHIP MINI MUFFINS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: MW
Categories: Chocolate Muffins
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 dozen mini muffins
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|½ cup white sugar|
|2 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 ¼ cups milk|
|⅓ cup vegetable oil|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|¾ cup mini chocolate chips|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly spray 48 miniature muffin cups.
- Mix flour, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Lightly beat egg in a separate bowl; stir in milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix egg mixture into flour mixture until incorporated. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 10 minutes. Cool briefly in the tin before transferring muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories 122 calories, CarbohydrateContent 17.5 g, CholesterolContent 8.8 mg, FatContent 5.2 g, FiberContent 0.6 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g, SodiumContent 118.7 mg, SugarContent 8.9 g
MIMI’S CAFE BUTTERMILK SPICE MUFFINS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-12 muffins
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1/2 cup unsalted margarine|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|2 teaspoons baking soda|
|1 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|6 fluid ounces buttermilk|
|1 tablespoon buttermilk, additional|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1 cup finely chopped walnuts|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter together with an electric mixer.
- When they are thoroughly mixed, add the eggs and beat for 1 more minute.
- Sift the flour into a separate bowl, together with the baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Add the flour and buttermilk to the first mixture, and mix at low speed until smooth.
- To avoid lumps in the batter, add the wet and dry ingredients alternately, in small amounts.
- Make the nut topping by combining all the Nut Topping ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Grease muffin tins with additional butter or margarine, or use paper or foil baking cups.
- Fill each cup ¾ full of batter.
- Add a full rounded tablespoon of the nut topping on top of the batter in each cup.
- Bake immediately, or the topping will sink to the bottom of the muffins, and then you will be mad at yourself – and we don’t want that to happen, do we?.
- Bake at 375°F for 20 to 25 minutes until the muffins are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out dry.
- (Home ovens’ heat differently from Mimi’s commercial ovens, and so you may need to adjust the temperature and/or the baking time accordingly).
- This recipe yields 12 standard-size muffins, or 6 Jumbo-size muffins.
- If you are using jumbo muffin tins, reduce the oven temperature by 25° and increase the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes.
Calories 699, FatContent 31.4, SaturatedFatContent 12.1, CholesterolContent 135, SodiumContent 493.3, CarbohydrateContent 94.8, FiberContent 3.1, SugarContent 52.4, ProteinContent 12.8