MINI CHICKEN B’STEEYAS RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Yield: Makes 54
|4 tablespoons safflower oil|
|1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 10 ounces), halved|
|Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper|
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, plus more for dusting|
|3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for dusting|
|2 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/4 cup golden raisins, finely chopped (optional)|
|1/2 cup whole blanched almonds (2 ounces), toasted|
|12 sheets (each 12 by 17 inches) frozen phyllo dough, thawed|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted, for brushing|
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper; saute, turning once, until just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate; let cool, then finely chop. Transfer chicken and any juices to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add ginger, turmeric, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir 1/4 cup sugar into mixture. Add eggs; cook, stirring, until scrambled but still moist. Transfer to bowl with chicken. Stir in raisins if desired. Season with salt and pepper; let cool.
- In a food processor, pulse almonds until finely ground. Transfer to a bowl; stir in remaining 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- On a clean work surface, unfold a sheet of phyllo with a short side facing you; cover the remaining sheets with a damp kitchen towel. Lightly brush with melted butter; sprinkle with about 1/6 of nut mixture. Lay another phyllo sheet on top; lightly brush with butter. Cut the stack lengthwise into thirds and then crosswise into thirds to make 9 equal rectangles.
- Working with 1 rectangle at a time, place 1 tablespoon chicken mixture 1 inch from end of a short side, leaving a 1/2-inch border on long sides. Fold 1/2 inch of each long side over filling. Starting from the end with filling, roll into a log. Repeat process to make 54 rolls total. Brush with butter, and arrange seam sides down on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Freeze (uncovered) until firm, about 1 hour. Transfer to airtight containers, and freeze until ready to use, up to 6 weeks.
- To serve, preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place logs on parchment-lined baking sheets; bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly before dusting with sugar and cinnamon. Serve warm.
RECIPES – MINI CHICKEN PARMS – APPLEGATE
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes about 36
|1 (16-ounce) Family Size bag Applegate Naturals®|
|Chicken Nuggets or Applegate Naturals®|
|Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets|
|½ cup marinara sauce|
|5 slices Applegate Naturals®|
|Provolone Cheese, halved and then cut into thin strips|
|¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan|
|Small handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
Spread the chicken nuggets on a sheet pan and bake for 6 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and carefully flip each nugget over.
Spoon about ½ teaspoon marinara sauce over each nugget, then top with 2 pieces of the provolone. Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan over each nugget.
Return pan to the oven and bake until cheese is melted and nuggets are hot, 6–7 minutes.
Remove from the oven and arrange the nuggets on a serving plate. Sprinkle the chopped basil over the nuggets and serve immediately.
GRANDS!™ MINI CHICKEN POT PIES RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 package (10 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, cooked|
|1 cup diced cooked chicken|
|1 can (10 1/2 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup|
|1 can (16.3 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers Original Biscuits (8 Count)|
- Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, combine vegetables, chicken and soup; mix well.
- Press each biscuit into 5 1/2-inch round. Place 1 round in each of 8 greased regular-size muffin cups. Firmly press in bottom and up side, forming 3/4-inch rim. Spoon a generous 1/3 cup chicken mixture into each. Pull edges of dough over filling toward center; pleat and pinch dough gently to hold in place.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan.
Calories 250 , CarbohydrateContent 31 g, CholesterolContent 20 mg, FatContent 2 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 10 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 730 mg, SugarContent 6 g, TransFatContent 0 g