MINI LECHE FLAN RECIPE
|24 2oz. mini-Puto Molds or any similar Tart Molds|
|2 tsp. sugar + ½ tsp. water each mold|
|8 large egg yolks|
|1 300ml can sweetened condensed milk|
|1 cup evaporated or fresh milk|
|1 tsp. vanilla extract|
- Put 2 teaspoons of sugar and ¼ teaspoon of water on each Puto molds. Let it dissolve over low heat until it begins to bubble and the syrup turns into light brown. Continue making caramel until you’re done and turn off the heat. Set aside and let it cool down and harden.
- To make the leche flan mixture, in a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks, condensed milk, evaporated milk and vanilla essence and mix until well combined. Strain leche flan mixture to get rid some lumps and air bubbles. Gently pour the mixture on top of caramel until 2/3’s full, continue until you’re done filling.
- Put in a preheated steamer over low heat and let it steam for 15-18 minutes. Steam Mini-Leche Flan by batches, time depends on how large your steamer is. (I had mine steamed in 3 batches, 8 per load.)
- You can tell when your Leche Flan is cooked by inserting a toothpick and it comes out clean you’re done. Let it cool at room temperature or refrigerate for 20 minutes. To serve, run a thin knife around the edges of the mini molds to loosen the flan. Invert the molds on a serving plate and serve as a dessert or toppings.
CARAMEL FLANS FROM EAGLE BRAND RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Eagle brand
Categories: EAGLE BRAND®
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|¾ cup sugar|
|4 large eggs|
|1 ¾ cups water|
|1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup sugar|
|¼ cup water|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook sugar in a heavy skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until melted and caramel-colored. Carefully pour into eight 6-ounce ungreased custard cups, tilting to coat the bottom completely.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl; stir in water, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and salt. Pour into the prepared custard cups; set cups in a large shallow pan. Fill the pan with 1 inch of hot water.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Move the cups from the pan to a wire rack; cool for 1 hour. Chill for several hours or overnight.
- Serve by loosening sides of flan with a small knife; invert onto rimmed serving plates. Top with sugar garnish, if desired, or garnish as desired.
- Make sugar garnish: Fill a medium metal bowl halfway with ice. Combine sugar with water in a medium saucepan; stir. Cover; bring to a boil. Cook over high heat until light brown, 5 to 6 minutes. Immediately put the pan on ice for 1 minute. Carefully drizzle sugar decoratively over a foil-lined cookie sheet. Let cool, then peel from foil and use as garnish.
Calories 433.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 59.7 g, CholesterolContent 110.5 mg, FatContent 7.7 g, ProteinContent 5.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.3 g, SodiumContent 143.2 mg, SugarContent 59.6 g
MUFFIN PAN FLANS RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Adam Liaw
Total time: 2 hours
Yield: MAKES 12
|½ cup sugar|
|4 whole eggs plus 2 egg yolks|
|1 can (375ml) evaporated milk|
|1 can (395g/300ml) sweetened condensed milk|
|½ tsp vanilla extract|
Heat your oven to 170C fan-forced (180C conventional). Place the sugar in a small saucepan with 2 tablespoons of water and bring to a boil, swirling the pan occasionally to help the sugar melt evenly. Continue to cook until the sugar forms a dark caramel. Divide the caramel among the cups of a 12-cup non-stick muffin pan.
Combine the eggs, egg yolks, evaporated milk, condensed milk and vanilla extract and whisk to combine. Strain through a sieve and divide among the cups of the muffin pan. Place the muffin pan into a larger baking tray and pour boiling water around the pan until it reaches halfway up the sides of the cups. Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Turn the flans out onto a large baking tray (to catch all the caramel), then either transfer the individual flans to serving plates with the liquid caramel or keep in an airtight container.
Adam’s tip: This flan is firm enough to be sliced, too, so if you don’t want to use a muffin tray (which can be a little fiddly), just bake it as one large flan and slice it into 12 portions.
Also try: Adam Liaw’s rum, raisin and butter tarts
INDIVIDUAL FLANS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings.
|2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut|
|2 teaspoons caramel ice cream topping|
|1 large egg|
|1 large egg yolk|
|3/4 cup half-and-half cream|
|3 tablespoons sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|Pinch ground allspice|
- Divide coconut between 2 ungreased 6-oz. custard cups. Drizzle with caramel topping. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients; pour into custard cups., Place a steamer rack inside a large skillet. Pour water into skillet until it comes almost to the top of the rack. Place custard cups on rack. Bring to a boil; cover and steam until a knife inserted 1 in. from the edge comes out clean, 10-12 minutes. , Remove cups to a wire rack; let stand 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cup. Unmold flans onto dessert plates; serve warm.
Calories 307 calories, FatContent 16g fat (9g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 258mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 119mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 8g protein.
MINI FLANS WITH TOASTED COCONUT – MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 6 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours 50 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1-1/2 cups sugar, divided|
|1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened|
|1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|1/3 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut, toasted|
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Cook 1/2 cup sugar in small saucepan on medium heat 3 to 5 min. or until completely melted and deep golden brown, stirring constantly. Spoon into 8 (5-oz.) ramekins; tilt ramekins to evenly cover bottoms with sugar syrup.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add remaining sugar; mix well. Blend in milk and vanilla. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each just until blended. Spoon evenly over syrup in ramekins.
- Place ramekins in 13×9-inch pan or in 2 (8-inch) square pans. Add enough hot water to larger pan(s) to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool slightly. Carefully remove ramekins from pan(s) of water; cool completely on wire racks. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
- Unmold flans onto dessert plates just before serving. Sprinkle with coconut.
Calories 390, FatContent 18 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, TransFatContent 0.5 g, CholesterolContent 170 mg, SodiumContent 210 mg, CarbohydrateContent 49 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 49 g, ProteinContent 9 g