MINIATURE CHRISTMAS FRUITCAKES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: about 5 dozen.
|1/2 cup light molasses|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 package (15 ounces) raisins|
|1 pound candied fruit, chopped|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|3 large eggs, room temperature|
|1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1/4 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/4 cup whole milk|
|1 cup chopped nuts|
- In a small saucepan, combine molasses and water; add raisins. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in candied fruit and vanilla. Cool., Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 eggs at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, baking soda and spices; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add fruit mixture, mixing well. Fold in nuts., Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups almost full. Bake at 325° for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Calories 84 calories, FatContent 2g fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 9mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 18mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 18g carbohydrate (13g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein.
MINIATURE GOLDEN FRUITCAKES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Cake Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yield: Makes 48
|6 cups finely diced mixed dried fruit, such as dried apples, pears, apricots, and golden raisins|
|1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (5 1/2 ounces)|
|1 3/4 cups brandy|
|1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature|
|3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar|
|3 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, (spooned and leveled)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt|
|3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/2 cup apricot jam, warmed, for topping|
- In a large nonreactive bowl, combine dried fruit, walnuts, and 1 1/4 cups brandy. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 8 hours (or up to 1 day), stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs in 2 additions, scraping down bowl in between. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and spices. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture in 2 additions, scraping down bowl in between. Fold fruit mixture into batter.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. Line two minimuffin pans with paper liners. Fill each liner with 1 rounded tablespoon batter. Firmly tap pans on counter to settle batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cake comes out clean and edges are light golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Brush cakes with 1/2 cup brandy; transfer cakes to a wire rack to cool completely. (To store, cover and refrigerate, up to 1 month.) Brush with apricot jam before serving or packing.
Calories 146 g, FatContent 4 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 2 g
WONDERFUL MINI FRUITCAKE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 5 mini loaf fruit cakes
|1 cup butter, softened|
|1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar|
|3 cups all-purpose flour, divided|
|1 lb chopped candied fruit|
|2 (8 ounce) packages pitted dates, chopped|
|1 (15 ounce) package raisins|
|1 cup chopped walnuts|
|1 cup chopped almonds or 1 cup pecans|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/4 cup good quality orange juice (freshly-squeezed is best)|
|1 cup icing sugar|
|2 tablespoons milk|
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease five 5" x 3" mini loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, candied fruit, dates, raisins and nuts; toss until well coated, set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and the remaining 2-3/4 cups flour; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice.
- Stir in fruit and nut mixture, mix well.
- Spoon into prepared mini loaf pans (pans will be full).
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; cover with foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until the cakes test done with a toothpick.
- Let stand 10 minutes before removing from the pans to wire racks.
- In a bowl, combine the glaze ingredients.
- With pastry brush, brush glaze over the warm loaves.
- Cool completely.
Calories 2108.4, FatContent 72.6, SaturatedFatContent 27.5, CholesterolContent 267.7, SodiumContent 1256.7, CarbohydrateContent 361.3, FiberContent 19.4, SugarContent 264.7, ProteinContent 28.5
CINNAMON MINI FRUIT CAKES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: bakerBaker
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 12 mini cakes
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6 (200 degrees Celcius) and line a cake tin with cupcake cases.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together in a large mixing bowl until soft and fluffy. This should not take long if you are using soft margarine.
- Sieve in the flour and add in the eggs. Mix the ingredients together until everything is well combined and smooth.
- At this point you can add the cinnamon. Add the desired amount of cinnamon one teaspoon at a time, mixing until you are satisfied with the colour of the mixture. About 1-2 teaspoons gives you the result in the photo.
- Add in the raisins or dried fruit and briefly mix to incorporate.
- Using two tablespoons, spoon one tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake case. Divide the mixture equally between all cases, scraping clean each spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. These cakes taste light and fluffy hot and denser when cool.
MINI ROYAL FRUIT CAKES RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 4 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 1 hours 30 minutes
|1 cup currants|
|1 cup golden raisins|
|1/2 cup dried cranberries|
|1/2 cup brandy|
|1 cup butter, softened|
|1/4 cup molasses|
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|4 eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|3 tablespoons brandy|
|4 tubs (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Creamy White Frosting or 4 tubs (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting|
- In large bowl place currants, golden raisins and dried cranberrries. Zest and juice orange; add to bowl. Zest and juice lemon zest; add to bowl. Pour in 1/2 cup brandy, mix well. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand overnight. Drain extra liquid off soaked fruit, if needed.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 13 x 9-inch cake pan. To make cake, beat butter, molasses and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed, scraping bowl occassionally until blended. Gradually add the eggs and flour, alternating until both are incorporated. Stir in soaked fruit. Spread into pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and surface is deep golden brown. Let cool in pan, about 2 hours. Brush with remaining 3 tablespoons brandy. Remove from pan.
- To decorate, cut cake into 12 rows by 8 rows. Place 24 squares, leaving space between each, on wire rack.
- In medium microwave-safe bowl, place frosting from one container. Microwave on High in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth and pourable. Quickly spoon about 1 tablespoon spoon frosting over each of 24 mini cakes, covering tops and letting frosting drip over sides. Reheat frosting as needed, if necessary. Repeat with remaining frosting and mini cakes. Let stand about 30 minutes or until frosting is set. Decorate with edible fresh flowers and mint, if desired. Store loosely covered.
ServingSize 1 Serving
MINI CHRISTMAS CAKES RECIPES | GOODTO
Provided by: Jessica Dady
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: Makes: 12
|175g butter, softened|
|175g light soft brown sugar|
|3 eggs, beaten|
|175g self-raising flour|
|½tsp baking powder|
|2tsp ground mixed spice|
|115g mixed dried fruit|
|2tbsp brandy or orange juice|
|115g icing sugar|
|1-2tbsp hot water|
|12 glace cherries|
|Holly leaves, to decorate|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Thoroughly grease a non-stick 12-hole muffin tray and place a circle of baking paper in the base of each hole.
- Place the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder and mixed spice in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand-held mixed for 3-4 mins until pale and creamy. Fold in the dried mixed fruit and brandy or orange juice.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin tray. Bake for 25-30 mins until risen and golden and a skewer inserted into one of the cakes comes out clean. Leave in the tray for 3-4 mins then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in enough of the warm water to make a smooth and thick icing. Spoon the icing onto the top of the cakes, letting it slowly drizzle down the sides. Top each cake with a glace cherry and a couple of holly leaves. Leave to set.
@context https//schema.org, Calories 316 Kcal, SugarContent 33.6 g, FatContent 13.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 8 g, SodiumContent 0.43 g, ProteinContent 3.4 g, CarbohydrateContent 44.5 g