MINION SHEET CAKE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Heather Baird
Total time: 3 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
|1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ butter recipe yellow cake mix|
|Water, butter and eggs called for on cake mix box|
|1 tub (12 oz) Betty Crocker™ Whipped Whipped Cream Frosting|
|Golden yellow food color|
|1 tube (4.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ blue decorating icing|
|7 pieces (12 inches each) black string licorice|
|1 chocolate-covered peppermint patty (1.4 oz), unwrapped|
|3 milk chocolate candy drops or pieces, unwrapped|
|5 pieces (1 inch in diameter) chewy chocolate candies, unwrapped|
|1 teaspoon corn syrup|
|1 oz silver decorating sugar|
|Betty Crocker™ Easy Flow black decorating icing (from 6.4-oz can)|
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper or waxed paper. Spray bottom only of 13×9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- Make and bake cake mix as directed on box, using water, butter and eggs. Cool 10 minutes in pan on cooling rack. Turn cake out onto paper-lined cookie sheet. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- With serrated knife, trim off square corners of cake, creating oblong shape. Trim 1 short side flat to make bottom of cake.
- Spoon three-fourths of the container of frosting into medium bowl. Stir in yellow food color. Frost cake with thin coat of yellow frosting. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from refrigerator. Frost cake with final coating of yellow frosting. Refrigerate until frosting is firm, about 15 minutes.
- Use off-set spatula to make an upward curving line in frosting about 4 inches from bottom of cake. Place blue decorating icing in small bowl; stir until smooth. Frost bottom (including bottom edges) of cake with blue icing up to curved line. Use 1 licorice string to cover line; if needed, use kitchen scissors to snip away excess licorice. Refrigerate cake 30 to 45 minutes.
- For eye, frost mint patty with thick layer of remaining white frosting. Place 1 of the chocolate candy drops, pointed end down, into frosting; set patty aside.
- Knead together chewy chocolate candies. When completely combined and malleable, roll candy between palms into a rope. Press rope around plastic tumbler with 3 1/4- to 3 1/2-inch diameter rim; press loose ends together to secure. Gently lift tumbler away from candy. With pastry brush, coat chocolate candy ring with a little corn syrup (you may not need all of the corn syrup). Place silver sugar in shallow dish; dip chocolate ring into sugar to coat.
- Remove cake from refrigerator. Gently peel cake away from paper; place cake on cake board or serving platter. Place eye towards top center of cake. Place silver ring around eye.
- Press 2 chocolate drops into blue portion of cake just under licorice string to create buttons on jumper. Arrange 4-inch piece of licorice onto cake a few inches below eye in a half-curve to create smile. Cut 2 licorice strings into 3-inch pieces; insert into top of cake to create hair. Use more licorice strings to outline jumper.
- Attach plain tip (provided) to Easy Flow icing nozzle. Draw 2 lines of icing about 2 inches apart on either side of silver eye ring. Fill in lines with more black icing; smooth icing with small knife or spatula. Store cake loosely covered.
Calories 480 , CarbohydrateContent 69 g, CholesterolContent 45 mg, FatContent 4 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 7 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 360 mg, SugarContent 41 g, TransFatContent 0 g
3D MINIONS CAKE RECIPE : EASY TO CREATE SHEET CAKE FOR THE MINIONS
Provided by: Dana Vento
|4 Boxed Cake Mixes|
|The instructions on my boxed cake were (yours may differ)|
|3 eggs per cake mix|
|1 Cup of Water|
|1/2 Cup of oil|
|2 8 oz (defrosted Whipped Toppings)|
|6 Golden Creme Filled Sponge Cakes|
|1 Small Tube of Black Writing Gel Icing|
|1 Larger tube of Blue Icing|
|14 Mini Marshmallow Bites (or 7 depending on one eye or 2)|
- For The Cake
- For The Icing
- For The Minions