MINT CHEESECAKE SQUARES RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 4 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 pkg. (9 oz) thin chocolate wafer cookies, crushed (1 3/4 cups)|
|1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted|
|2 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened|
|1/2 cup dairy sour cream|
|2/3 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup creme de menthe syrup|
|1/4 teaspoon mint extract|
|4 oz semisweet baking chocolate, chopped|
|1/2 cup dairy sour cream|
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix crust ingredients. Press in bottom of ungreased 13×9inch pan. Freeze crust while preparing filling.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, beat all filling ingredients on low speed until smooth. Pour into crustlined pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in 1-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool 5 minutes; beat in sour cream with spoon. Spread over warm cheesecake. Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Cut into squares. Store in refrigerator.
Calories 300 , CarbohydrateContent 25 g, CholesterolContent 75 mg, FatContent 3 1/2 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 220 mg, SugarContent 14 g, TransFatContent 2 g
ST. PATRICK’S CHOCOLATE & MINT CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Melissa Goff
Categories: Chocolate Cookies
Total time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: 24 servings
|1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate fudge cake mix with pudding (such as Betty Crocker® Triple Chocolate Fudge cake mix)|
|½ cup butter, softened|
|3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened|
|1 (16 ounce) container cream cheese flavored frosting (such as Betty Crocker® Rich and Creamy)|
|6 drops green food coloring, or as needed|
|3 drops creme de menthe candy flavoring (such as Wilton®), or as needed|
|1 (10 ounce) package dark chocolate and mint chips (such as Nestle® Toll House® Dark Chocolate and Mint Morsels)|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Beat cake mix and butter with an electric mixer on low speed in a bowl until crumbly, 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom of an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- Place in preheated oven and bake until edges begin to crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese and frosting with an electric mixer on medium speed in a bowl until smooth, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drop eggs one at a time into the cream cheese mixture and beat until blended, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in 6 drops green food coloring, or more for a darker color; beat until color is blended, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in creme de menthe candy flavoring until thoroughly blended, about 2 minutes. Taste and add more flavoring if needed.
- Pour batter over the chocolate crust in the 9×13 pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup reserved crumb mixture over cheesecake batter.
- Top with 1 cup chocolate and mint morsels; reserve remaining morsels for finishing touches.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake until set, 42 to 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Pour reserved chocolate and mint morsels into a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave morsels in 45 second intervals; stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate into a resealable plastic bag.
- Clip a small bottom corner of the bag. Gently squeezing the bag, drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cake through the clipped corner.
- Cut cake into bars to serve.
Calories 369.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 36.6 g, CholesterolContent 64.2 mg, FatContent 24.1 g, FiberContent 1.4 g, ProteinContent 4.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 13 g, SodiumContent 356.5 mg, SugarContent 26.9 g