SHEILA’S BEST APPLE CRISP (NO OATS) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 1 crisp, 6 serving(s)
|2 lbs cooking apples|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)|
|1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon salt (you can be generous unless you decide to substitute salted butter)|
|3/4 cup flour|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter|
- Cut cold butter into small cubes. Place in freezer to chill further.
- PREPARE APPLES.
- Peel apples.
- Cut an apple into quarters. Cut out core. Cut each apple slice one more time so that there are 8 slices.
- Cube the apple by cutting each slice the "short" way 2 or 3 times. Apple chunks should be no smaller than 1 inch (or they will get too mushy when cooking).
- Cube the remaining apples.
- Put apples into an 8 1/2 x 12 inch au gratin casserole dish, or an equivalent baking dish (it’s pretty forgiving).
- Pour water over apples.
- PREPARE TOPPING:.
- In the food processor put the sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and flour. Pulse until combined.
- Remove butter from freezer and put into food processor.
- Pulse to blend. Topping should be smaller than peas but not as fine as cornmeal.
- Add 3/4 cups chopped pecans pulse too mix.
- Sprinkle topping over apples evenly.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 30 more minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Calories 406.9, FatContent 15.8, SaturatedFatContent 9.8, CholesterolContent 40.7, SodiumContent 106.5, CarbohydrateContent 67.7, FiberContent 4.2, SugarContent 50.2, ProteinContent 2.2
EASY AND DELICIOUS APPLE CRISP
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
|4 medium cooking apples (Rome Beauty, Granny Smith or Greening), peeled, sliced (about 4 cups)|
|1/4 cup packed brown sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|2/3 cup granulated sugar|
|1/2 cup butter, softened|
|Ice cream or whipped cream, if desired|
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- Spread apples in pan. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle mixture over apples. Pour water over apples.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, granulated sugar and softened butter, using pastry blender or fork, until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with fork. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Calories 410 , CarbohydrateContent 64 g, CholesterolContent 40 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 125 mg, SugarContent 44 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
MINNESOTA APPLE CRISP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: T Larson
Categories: Apple Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|5 cups peeled, cored, and sliced tart apples|
|2 teaspoons white sugar|
|½ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 ½ cups brown sugar|
|¾ cup all-purpose flour|
|½ cup butter, softened|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the apples into an ungreased 7×11-inch baking dish and sprinkle them with the sugar and cinnamon. Stir to combine thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix together the brown sugar, flour, and softened butter until well combined; sprinkle over the apples.
- Bake in the preheated oven for until the apples are bubbling and the topping is lightly browned, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve hot.
Calories 383.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 61.7 g, CholesterolContent 40.7 mg, FatContent 15.7 g, FiberContent 2.7 g, ProteinContent 2.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.8 g, SodiumContent 120.4 mg, SugarContent 46.1 g