OATMEAL-LACE COOKIES RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Cookie Recipes
Yield: Makes about 25 3-inch cookies
|1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter|
|3 cups uncooked rolled oats (do not use instant)|
|1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 3/4 cups sugar|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|2 large eggs, lightly beaten|
- Heat oven to 325 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Let cool a bit and add all remaining ingredients except the eggs. Stir well to combine, then add the eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter at a time on the parchment, leaving at least 3 inches between cookies. Flatten batter into a circle with the back of a spoon. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until just golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
OATMEAL LACE COOKIES – THE COMFORT OF COOKING
Provided by: Georgia
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|1 cup butter, 2 sticks|
|2-1/4 cups light brown sugar, packed|
|2-1/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1 large egg, lightly beaten|
|1 tsp. vanilla extract|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper, or silicon baking mats; set aside.
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter and brown sugar, stirring frequently, until mixture is smooth and butter is melted. Stir in oats, flour, salt, egg, and vanilla.
- Drop batter by teaspoon-ful onto prepared baking sheets, spacing 2 inches apart to allow cookies to spread.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, watching closely to prevent them from over-baking. The lace cookies should be golden brown.
- Let cool for 30 seconds on the baking sheet. Remove cookies onto wire racks to cool completely.
ServingSize 1 grams, UnsaturatedFatContent 0 grams unsaturated fat