SLOW-COOKER OLD-FASHIONED BEEF STEW RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 9 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 1/2 lb beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces if needed|
|4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices (2 cups)|
|3 medium red potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (3 cups)|
|1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 1/2 cups)|
|1 medium stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces (1 cup)|
|3 cups vegetable juice|
|3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca|
|1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules|
|2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
- In 12-inch skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until browned on all sides.
- Spray 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix browned beef and remaining ingredients.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 10 hours.
Calories 350 , CarbohydrateContent 32 g, CholesterolContent 60 mg, FatContent 1 1/2 , FiberContent 5 g, ProteinContent 22 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 860 mg, SugarContent 9 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g
SLOW-COOKER SALISBURY STEAK RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 04 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 04 hours 00 minutes
Yield: 9 servings.
|1 cup crushed saltine crackers (about 30 crackers)|
|1/3 cup water|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|2 pounds ground beef|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted|
|Hot mashed potatoes or noodles|
|Minced fresh parsley, optional|
- In a large bowl, combine cracker crumbs, water, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly. Press into an ungreased 9-in. square pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. , Cut into 3-in. squares; dredge in flour. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add beef and cook until browned on both sides, 2-3 minutes on each side. , Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker with a slotted spatula or spoon. Add soup. , Cover and cook on high until meat is no longer pink, 4 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles. If desired, top with minced parsley.
Calories 292 calories, FatContent 18g fat (6g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 68mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 372mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 22g protein.
OLD WORLD SLOW COOKER STUFFING | MRFOOD.COM
Cook time: 3 hours
|4 cups cubed herb-seasoned stuffing|
|4 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing|
|2 carrots, peeled and finely diced|
|2 cups sliced mushrooms|
|3/4 cup chopped onion|
|3/4 cup chopped celery|
|1 1/2 sticks butter, melted|
|3 cups hot chicken broth|
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; toss gently to mix. Place in a 5-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on low 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until heated through and edges are crispy.