OLD-FASHIONED CHOCOLATE FUDGE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: BOOK_WORM
Categories: Chocolate Fudge
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 64 1-inch squares
|2 cups white sugar|
|½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 cup whole milk|
|4 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced and softened|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Place sugar and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan; pour in milk and stir until blended. Set heat to medium-high and stir constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and place a candy thermometer in the pan. Let the mixture simmer without stirring until the temperature reaches 238 degrees F (114 degrees C) when measured with a candy thermometer, about 10 minutes. If you don’t have a candy thermometer, drop a small amount of the mixture into cold water; if it forms a soft ball that flattens when removed from the water and placed on a flat surface, it’s ready.
- Remove from the heat. Allow to cool to 110 degrees F (43 degrees C), 50 to 70 minutes. Do not disturb fudge as it’s cooling.
- Add butter and vanilla to the fudge. Beat with a wooden spoon until well incorporated and fudge loses its sheen; do not under beat.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan and press to flatten. Let cool at room temperature or in the refrigerator before cutting into 1-inch squares.
Calories 34.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 6.8 g, CholesterolContent 2.3 mg, FatContent 0.9 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 0.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.6 g, SodiumContent 1.8 mg