TOURNEDOS VIANDE RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Jeff Gordinier
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|2 filets mignons, about 5 ounces each|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1/4 cup fond de veau (veal stock) or 1 tablespoon veal demi-glace (available in fine food markets) mixed with 3 tablespoons water|
|1 tablespoon truffle juice|
|1 teaspoon chopped black truffles|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2 slices French bread, trimmed to the shape of the filets mignons|
|2 slices fresh foie gras, about 2 ounces each|
|2 tablespoons Madeira|
|2 thin slices black truffle|
- Season the filets mignons with salt and pepper; set aside. In a small bowl, combine the veal stock or demi-glace, truffle juice and chopped truffles; set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt a third of the butter with the oil and quickly fry the slices of bread until lightly browned on both sides; remove and set aside. Add another third of the butter to the skillet, and sauté the filets mignons over high heat for 4 minutes a side for rare or 5 minutes a side for medium-rare. Remove the filets from the skillet, set aside and keep warm.
- Using the same skillet and high heat, sauté the foie gras slices 90 seconds on each side and put 1 slice on each of the filets.
- Discard all fat from the skillet. While the skillet is still hot, add the Madeira, scraping the bottom of the pan. Add the veal stock mixture, bring to a quick boil, then remove from heat and stir in the remaining butter to make a silky sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On each of two plates, place the croutons in the center and top with the filet mignon and foie gras. Garnish with a slice of truffle on the top. Spoon the sauce over and around. Serve hot.
Calories 1239, CarbohydrateContent 8 grams, FatContent 100 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 70 grams, SaturatedFatContent 39 grams, SodiumContent 1040 milligrams, SugarContent 1 gram, TransFatContent 1 gram, UnsaturatedFatContent 51 grams