HOW TO MAKE EASY PASTA SALAD (COLD & HEARTY ITALIAN RECIPE) | KITCHN
Provided by: Meghan Splawn
Categories: Side dish,Pasta dish,Salad,Meat dish,School lunch,Lunch,Dinner,Noodles,Pasta salad
Total time: 1380S
Prep time: 900S
Cook time: 480S
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning|
|1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|1/2 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped|
|8 ounces dried short pasta, such as rotini|
|8 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered|
|1 small English cucumber, quartered lengthwise, then thinly sliced crosswise|
|4 ounces mini mozzarella balls, drained and halved|
|4 ounces salami slices, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips|
|1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved|
|1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves|
- Make the dressing. Place 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1 clove minced garlic, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Soften the red onion in the dressing. Add 1/2 a finely chopped red onion and stir to combine. Set aside to soften while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Cook the pasta. Bring 2 quarts of salted water to a boil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 8 ounces pasta and cook until al dente — soft with just a bit of chew — about 8 minutes or according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare an ice bath in a large bowl.
- Quickly cool the pasta. Drain the pasta in a colander and run under cold water. Dunk the colander in the ice bath and set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the pasta salad ingredients in a bowl. Drain the pasta well. Transfer to a large bowl. Add 8 ounces tomatoes, 1 English cucumber, quartered and thinnly sliced, 4 ounces of mini mozzarella balls, 4 ounces salami cut into 1/2-inch wide strips, 1/2 cup pitted and halved kalamata olives, and 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley.
- Toss the pasta with the dressing. Add the dressing, including the onions, to the pasta and toss until evenly combined.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving. Refrigerate the pasta salad for at least 30 minutes for the flavors to meld before serving.
SaturatedFatContent 5.6 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 25.4 g, SugarContent 2.6 g, ServingSize Serves 8, ProteinContent 10.5 g, FatContent 22.6 g, Calories 346 cal, SodiumContent 405.5 mg, FiberContent 1.9 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg
QUICK AND EASY PASTA SALAD
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes about 10 servings
|1 pound dried pasta like fusilli, penne, rotini or farfalle (bow tie)|
|1 cup sliced bell pepper (1 medium)|
|1 cup thinly sliced zucchini (1/2 medium)|
|1 cup halved cherry tomatoes|
|1/3 cup thinly sliced scallions (5 to 6)|
|1/4 cup sliced pepperoncini or banana peppers, optional|
|1 cup (4 ounces) halved mixed olives|
|1 cup (2 ounces) grated parmesan cheese or hard cheese|
|1 cup (6 ounces) fresh mozzarella balls, chopped|
|1/3 cup fresh parsley or basil, optional|
|1/3 cup red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, plus more to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon dried oregano|
|2 to 3 tablespoons juice from pepperoncini jar, optional|
|1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender, 6 to 10 minutes (check the package for recommended cook time). Drain and rinse well under cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, in the bottom of a large bowl, make the dressing. Whisk the red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, oregano, pepperoncini juice (if using), and the olive oil until blended. Add the drained and rinsed pasta to the dressing and mix well.
- Stir in the bell pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, scallions, pepperoncini (if using), olives, parmesan, mozzarella, and the herbs (if using). Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and pepper as needed. Serve or for the best results, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 5 days.
ServingSize 1/10 of the salad, Calories 363, FatContent 19.1g, SaturatedFatContent 5.1g, CholesterolContent 18.3mg, SodiumContent 507.1mg, CarbohydrateContent 36.6g, FiberContent 2.3g, SugarContent 2g, ProteinContent 11.7g
PASTA SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Cyndie
Categories: Tomato Pasta Salad
Total time: 13 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 pound tri-colored spiral pasta|
|6 tablespoons salad seasoning mix|
|1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing|
|2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped|
|1 red bell pepper, diced|
|½ yellow bell pepper, chopped|
|1 (2.25 ounce) can black olives, chopped|
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, rinse under cold water and drain.
- Whisk together the salad spice mix and Italian dressing.
- In a salad bowl, combine the pasta, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers and olives. Pour dressing over salad; toss and refrigerate overnight.
Calories 400.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 39 g, CholesterolContent 2.7 mg, FatContent 24.8 g, FiberContent 3.6 g, ProteinContent 7.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.4 g, SodiumContent 1904.2 mg, SugarContent 8.3 g