APPLE PEAR PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)|
|3 medium ripe pears, peeled and thinly sliced|
|3 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced|
|1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided|
|1 teaspoon lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|1 teaspoon whole milk|
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. In a large bowl, combine the pears, apples, 1 cup sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer mixture to crust; dot with butter. , Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; cut slits or decorative cutouts in pastry. Place over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Add decorative cutouts if desired. Brush with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cover edges loosely with foil. , Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
Calories 438 calories, FatContent 19g fat (9g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 22mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 244mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 67g carbohydrate (38g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 2g protein.
SPICED PEAR & APPLE PIE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Crisco
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 Classic Crisco® Double Pie Crust|
|4 cups peeled, thinly sliced pears|
|2 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples|
|¾ cup sugar|
|2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour|
|¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|¾ teaspoon ground ginger|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon lemon juice|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough for bottom crust; place in a 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough; trim edges until even with pie plate.
- Combine pears, apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- Roll out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie or cut into strips creating a lattice top. Trim 1/2 inch beyond the edge and fold under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with a fork to allow steam to escape. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
Calories 418.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 62.7 g, CholesterolContent 0.2 mg, FatContent 18.5 g, FiberContent 4.2 g, ProteinContent 3.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, SodiumContent 4920 mg, SugarContent 30.4 g
BEST APPLE-PEAR LATTICE PIE RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE APPLE-PEAR …
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Total time: 2 hours
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 8 servings
|2 pieces Sylvia’s Perfect Pie Crust, thawed slightly|
|1/3 c. all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting|
|3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|3 Bosc pears, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|1/3 c. granulated sugar|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|1 large egg, beaten|
|Coarse sugar, for sprinkling|
- Preheat the oven to 375 ̊. Roll out 1 piece of dough on a floured surface into a 12-inch round, starting at the center and working your way out. (Sprinkle flour over the top of the dough if it’s a bit too moist.) Carefully lift the dough with a spatula and place in a 9-inch pie pan; gently press against the sides of the pan. Tuck the excess dough underneath itself.
- In a large bowl, mix the apples, pears, lemon juice, granulated sugar, flour and salt. Roll out the other piece of dough into a 12-inch round on a floured surface. Cut into twelve 1-inch-wide strips; discard both of the short ends.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the pie crust. Arrange 5 strips of dough in parallel rows on top of the filling. Working with one strip at a time, arrange the remaining 5 strips perpendicular to the first ones, weaving the strips over and under to form a lattice. Trim the ends of the strips and press them against the bottom crust. Crimp the crust edges with your fingers. Brush the dough with the beaten egg and sprinkle with the coarse sugar.
- Cover the crust edges with strips of foil and bake the pie for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking until the apples and pears are softened and the liquid is bubbly, about 50 more minutes. (Cover the edges with foil again if the crust is getting too dark.) Allow to cool for 20 minutes before serving.