CANDIED PECANS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Alix
Categories: Nuts and Seeds Appetizers
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|⅓ cup white sugar, or more to taste|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste|
|1 large egg white|
|1 tablespoon water|
|1 pound pecan halves|
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
- Mix sugar, cinnamon, and salt together in a small bowl.
- Whisk egg white and water together in a large bowl until frothy. Toss pecans in the egg white mixture to coat. Slowly pour in sugar mixture and stir until pecans are evenly coated. Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Stir pecans and rearrange into a single layer. Continue to cook, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes, until pecans are evenly browned, another 30 to 50 minutes.
Calories 341.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 13.2 g, FatContent 32.7 g, FiberContent 4.5 g, ProteinContent 4.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, SodiumContent 54.2 mg
TEEDEE’S PECAN CANDY RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: LATEDRA75
Categories: Pecan Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch pan
|2 teaspoons butter, or as needed|
|2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk|
|1 ½ cups white sugar|
|2 cups pecans|
|¼ cup butter|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon almond extract|
- Grease a 9×13-inch pan with 2 teaspoons butter.
- Combine evaporated milk with sugar in a heavy, large stockpot and place over medium heat. Stir constantly and bring to a boil. Cook the syrup, stirring often, until a candy thermometer reads 235 degrees F (110 degrees C) or a small spoonful of syrup dropped into a glass of cold water forms a soft ball, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir pecans and butter into the syrup and continue to cook until solid crystals of candy begin to form on the side of the pot, about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and stir vanilla and almond extracts into candy.
- Pour candy into prepared dish and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
Calories 173.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16.9 g, CholesterolContent 15.1 mg, FatContent 11.1 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.4 g, SodiumContent 49.4 mg, SugarContent 16 g