PEPPERONI PASTA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 medium green pepper, chopped|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce|
|1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained|
|1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni|
|8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta, wagon wheel pasta or pastas of your choice|
|1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese|
|1 cup shredded provolone cheese|
|Grated Parmesan cheese|
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and pepperoni. , In a greased 13×9-in. baking dish, layer with half the pasta and meat mixtures. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup each mozzarella and provolone cheeses. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. , Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Calories 372 calories, FatContent 21g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 61mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 992mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 23g protein.
PEPPERONI PASTA WITH LEMON AND GARLIC RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Melissa Clark
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 pound medium pasta shells or orecchiette|
|1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more as needed|
|6 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced, then coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)|
|3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced|
|1 teaspoon fennel seeds, cracked with a mortar and pestle or the side of a chef’s knife|
|Pinch of red-pepper flakes (optional)|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|1 small lemon, zested (if your lemon is very large, just zest half of it)|
|3/4 cup torn fresh basil or parsley leaves and tender stems, plus more for garnish|
|Grated Parmesan, for serving (optional)|
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook, according to package directions, until about 2 minutes shy of al dente so that the pasta can finish cooking in the sauce. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium. Add pepperoni and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisped and brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- If the pan looks dry, drizzle in a little more oil. Add garlic, fennel seeds, red-pepper flakes (if using) and a large pinch of salt, and cook until garlic is lightly golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook until it darkens, about 1 minute.
- Add the drained pasta, lemon zest and 3/4 cup of the reserved pasta water to the skillet. Stir until the pasta is al dente and well coated with the sauce. Add more pasta water, if needed, until the sauce is glossy and the pasta is cooked to taste.
- Cut the zested lemon in half and squeeze some juice into the pasta. Stir in herbs and taste, adding more lemon juice and salt, if needed. Cut the remaining half lemon into wedges and serve it alongside the pasta, which should be garnished with more herbs and a drizzle of oil, and sprinkled with Parmesan, if you like.
PEPPERONI PASTA | RECIPE – RACHAEL RAY SHOW
Provided by: Grant Melton
|1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil|
|One 6-ounce pepperoni stick|
|grated on the large holes of a box grater OR 1 package sliced pepperoni|
|1 small onion|
|3 cloves garlic|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|One 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes|
|A few basil stems|
|plus a few leaves|
|Finely grated parmesan cheese|
|1 pound spaghetti|
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat with olive oil
- Add the grated or chopped pepperoni to the pot and cook for a few minutes until it begins to crisp
- Add in the onion and garlic, and cook a few minutes more to soften the onion
- Season with salt and add in the oregano and crushed red pepper flakes
- Add the tomato paste and stir around the pot a bit then add in all of the crushed tomatoes
- Fill the empty can ¼ of the way with water, swish it around then add it to the pot
- Throw in a few stems of basil and turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes
- While the sauce cooks, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Cook the pasta to al dente then drain and add the pasta back into the pot
- Remove the basil stems from the pasta sauce and pour the cooked sauce over the pasta; stir to combine
- Add in some freshly torn basil and a handful of parmesan cheese
- Divide the pasta into serving bowls and top with more parmesan cheese and torn basil
RECIPE: PEPPERONI PIZZA BAKED PASTA | KITCHN
Provided by: Kelli Foster
Categories: Main dish,Dinner,Noodles,Pasta dish,Casserole
Total time: 0S
|Olive oil, for greasing the baking dish|
|1 pound dried rotini pasta|
|32 ounces marinara sauce, divided|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|4 ounces thinly sliced pepperoni|
|2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F. Lightly coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil; set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 2 minutes less than suggested on package instructions until it's very al dente, as it will keep cooking when baked. Drain well.
- Transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Add 3 cups of the sauce and oregano and stir until combined. Stir in the pepperoni.
- Pour half of the pasta mixture in the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese. Top with the remaining pasta. Spread the remaining sauce in an even layer over the pasta. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake until the top is lightly golden and the cheese is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
SaturatedFatContent 7.2 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 51.7 g, SugarContent 8.0 g, ServingSize Serves 8, ProteinContent 18.3 g, FatContent 18.5 g, Calories 451 cal, SodiumContent 927.1 mg, FiberContent 4.0 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg