PRAWNS WITH PERNOD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: MyRecipes
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 4 shrimp and 1 bread slice)
|1 cup dry white wine|
|½ cup minced shallots|
|2 tablespoons Pernod (licorice-flavored liqueur)|
|2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine|
|2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried parsley|
|1 tablespoon minced fresh or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon|
|½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|32 large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1 1/2 pounds)|
|1 cup minced seeded tomato|
|8 (1-ounce) slices French bread, toasted|
- Combine wine and shallots in a small saucepan; bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 15 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in the Pernod and the next 6 ingredients (Pernod through garlic).
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer on a jellyroll pan coated with cooking spray, and pour the Pernod mixture over shrimp. Broil 5 minutes or until shrimp are done. Sprinkle shrimp with tomato, and serve with French bread.
Calories 188 calories, CarbohydrateContent 20.3 g, CholesterolContent 101 mg, FatContent 3.6 g, FiberContent 1.3 g, ProteinContent 16.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.3 g, SodiumContent 288 mg
SALMON WITH FENNEL AND PERNOD RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
Provided by: Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Yield: 2 Servings
|1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed|
|1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, room temperature|
|2 tablespoons minced shallots|
|1 large fennel bulb with fronds; bulb quartered, then cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; 2 tablespoons fronds chopped, divided|
|2 6- to 7-ounce salmon fillets|
|2 tablespoons Pernod or other anise-flavored liqueur|
- Stir fennel seeds in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 1/2 minutes. Transfer seeds to small bowl; cool. Mix in butter, shallots, and 1 tablespoon fennel fronds; season butter mixture with salt and pepper.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter mixture in same large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sliced fennel bulb and 1/4 cup water to skillet; cover and cook until fennel is crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Uncover skillet and sauté until fennel begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer fennel to plate.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Add 1 tablespoon butter mixture to same skillet and melt over medium heat. Add salmon; cover and cook 5 minutes. Turn salmon over; add 1/4 cup water to skillet. Cover and continue cooking until salmon is just opaque in center, about 5 minutes longer. Slide salmon to 1 side of skillet; return fennel to skillet. Add Pernod, 2 teaspoons butter mixture, and remaining 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds; stir to heat through.
- Divide fennel mixture between 2 plates. Top with salmon; spoon remaining butter mixture over salmon.
SHRIMP IN PERNOD CREAM SAUCE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
|8 fresh shrimp, very large, shelled & deveined|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 teaspoon green peppercorn|
|2 tablespoons Pernod|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives|
|1/2 cup cream|
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add the peppercorns and sauté for about 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until they are just pink.
- Pour over the Pernod and flame. Add chives and cream and heat just to simmer. Serve immediately with lots of crusty bread to mop up the sauce!
Calories 294.2, FatContent 30.2, SaturatedFatContent 18.9, CholesterolContent 127.1, SodiumContent 257.6, CarbohydrateContent 2.1, FiberContent 0.1, SugarContent 0.1, ProteinContent 4.8