HOW TO FRY HOG JOWL : TASTE OF SOUTHERN
Provided by: Steve Gordon
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: Varies, according to beginning weight.
|1 lb. Hog Jowl, smoked and cured|
- Using a sharp knife, slice the jowl into desired thickness strips, like bacon.
- Part of the jowl can be cut into hunks for seasoning of beans and greens.
- Wrap any sections for freezing in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped sections in a Ziplock type bag and place in freezer for use later.
- Heat a skillet to just below Medium heat on your stove top.
- Place the slices of jowl in the warm skillet.
- Turn jowl slices as needed, to prevent burning, and cook until fat is translucent and browned.
- Remove from pan, place on paper towels and drain.
- Save remaining grease from skillet by placing in a container and storing in refrigerator.
- Use leftover grease just as you would any type of bacon grease for seasoning and cooking.
- Serve the cooked hog jowl slices while warm.
4 DELICIOUS PORK JOWL RECIPES – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
Provided by: Cassie Marshall
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 34 minutes
|2 lbs pork jowls|
|1 stick cinnamon|
|4 red bird’s eye chilis|
|3 garlic cloves|
|2/3 cup soy sauce|
|1/4 cup rice wine|
|1/4 cup fish sauce|
|1 tsp sugar|
|salt & pepper to taste|
|Basil, cilantro, and scallions|
|3-4 pieces pork jowl|
|1/4 cup chinese wine|
|2-3 chili peppers|
|2 cloves garlic|
|1 small carrot|
|1/2 cup cilantro leaves|
|1/2 cup dark soy sauce|
|4 tbsp fish or oyster sauce|
|1 tbsp honey|
|1/2 cup shallots|
|5 tbsp sugar|
|2.5 – 3 lbs pork jowl|
|1 cup canned chopped tomatoes|
|2 medium carrots|
|2 celery stalks|
|2 cups dry white wine|
|2-3 tbsp olive oil|
|1 medium onion|
|1 tbsp rosemary|
|1 tbsp thyme|
|Salt & pepper to taste|
|1-2 lbs cured pork jowl (ideally cut into thin slices)|
|t tsp butter or spread|
|HP, brown sauce or ketchup|
- Thai Pork Jowls
- Sweet, Savoury & Spicy Pork Jowl
- Pork Jowl braised in a rich Tomato and White Wine Sauce
- British Pork Jowl Bacon Sarnie
Calories 300 kcal, ServingSize 1 serving