EASY PINEAPPLE UPSIDE-DOWN CAKE RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 cup packed brown sugar|
|1 can (20 oz) pineapple slices in juice, drained, juice reserved|
|1 jar (6 oz) maraschino cherries without stems, drained|
|1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Yellow Cake Mix|
|Vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box|
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). In 13×9-inch pan, melt butter in oven. Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Arrange pineapple slices on brown sugar. Place cherry in center of each pineapple slice, and arrange remaining cherries around slices; press gently into brown sugar.
- Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 1 cup. Make cake batter as directed on box, substituting pineapple juice mixture for the water. Pour batter over pineapple and cherries.
- Bake 42 to 48 minutes (44 to 53 minutes for dark or nonstick pan) or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down onto pan; turn plate and pan over. Leave pan over cake 5 minutes so brown sugar topping can drizzle over cake; remove pan. Cool 30 minutes. Serve warm or cool. Store covered in refrigerator.
Calories 380 , CarbohydrateContent 57 g, CholesterolContent 55 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 3 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, ServingSize 1/12 of Cake, SodiumContent 310 mg, SugarContent 41 g, TransFatContent 0 g
PINEAPPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Donna
Categories: Pineapple Cake
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch cake
|1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice|
|1 (16 ounce) package angel food cake mix|
|1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Mix pineapple with juice and cake mix together in a large bowl until well combined; pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cake cool; serve with whipped topping.
Calories 127.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 22.1 g, FatContent 3.6 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 1.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.1 g, SodiumContent 165.8 mg, SugarContent 17.9 g