EASY FALL OFF THE BONE OVEN-BAKED RIBS
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 3 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours 0 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 Servings
|2 to 2 1/2 pounds baby back pork ribs|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4 cup finely diced onion|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 cup ketchup, try our homemade ketchup recipe|
|1 tablespoon hot chili sauce (suggestion Sriracha)|
|2 tablespoons light brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar|
|Salt and ground pepper, to taste|
- Heat oven to 275° Fahrenheit (135C).
- If the ribs still have the thin membrane covering the back of the rack, remove it. See how in the notes section below.
- Season both sides of the ribs with a generous amount of salt and pepper. If you are using a spice rub, add season the ribs with it now. Place the ribs, meat-side up, into a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet. (It may be necessary to cut the ribs in half for them to fit into the pan).
- Cover the pan or baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil, and then bake until the meat falls easily from the bones, 2 ½ to 3 ½ hours. We like to check the ribs after 2 hours to see how they are progressing. The ribs are done when the meat is cooked through and tender.
- While the ribs bake, make the barbecue sauce. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft and translucent, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in the cumin and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the ketchup, hot chili sauce, brown sugar, and apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine, season with salt then cook for 2 minutes. Set aside in preparation for the ribs to finish roasting.
- Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the aluminum foil and generously brush both sides with barbecue sauce.
- Optional: Move an oven rack near the top of the oven. Turn broiler to high and broil the ribs for 3-4 minutes, just until the barbecue sauce begins to caramelize. (Keep a close eye on the ribs while they broil so the sauce does not burn.)
- Store baked ribs, in an airtight container, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Freeze, wrapped in foil or freezer paper and in an airtight container, for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator, and then reheat.
- To reheat the ribs, wrap in foil or parchment paper and place into a 300°F oven until warmed through, about 30 minutes. If you have some leftover, slather some extra sauce that’s been warmed over the ribs before serving.
ServingSize 1/2 rack, Calories 433, ProteinContent 26 g, CarbohydrateContent 13 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 11 g, FatContent 30 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, CholesterolContent 107 mg, SodiumContent 694 mg
PORK LOIN BACK RIBS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Gail Welch @sugarshack
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 30 minutes
|1 package(s) pork loin backribs, slab|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) lawry’s season salt|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper, coarse ground|
|1/2-1 cup(s) bbq sauce, your choice|
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Rinse ribs.
- Make several slits through membrane on the backside of the ribs. Cut slab in half if needed to fit in 13×9-in. baking pan.
- Season ribs front and back with salt & pepper or you choice of rub ingredients.
- Place slab(s) in baking pan and cover tightly with foil. Bake at 340 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or longer until done. Remove foil; Add BBQ sauce and bake uncovered an additional 20-30 minutes. Let set a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy! NOTE” May place cooked ribs on outdoor grill for a few minutes, if desired.
PORK LOIN RIB ENDS SEARED, BRAISED AND GLAZED RECIPE – FOOD.COM
The braising liquid after cooking can be saved, skim fat and use as broth for other uses.
Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|3 lbs pork loin rib ends (country style ribs)|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tablespoon brown sugar|
|1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon chili flakes, chipotle|
|1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika|
|1/2 cup chopped scallion|
|2 -3 garlic cloves|
|3 slices bacon, chopped|
|1 onion, rough chopped|
|3 carrots, sliced|
|2 celery ribs, sliced thick|
|3 garlic cloves, sliced|
|3 sprigs fresh thyme|
|1 cup hot water|
|12 ounces beer|
|1/3 cup braising liquid|
|1 tablespoon honey|
|1/2 cup orange marmalade or 1/2 cup apricot jam|
- In a blender add all the marinade ingredients and blend till chunky smooth.
- Rub into ribs all the marinade, place in a zip lock bag.
- Refrigerate for 6 hours or over night.
- Preheat grill to 350.
- Over direct heat cook bacon in a heavy bottom pot. I use mu cast iron.
- Meanwhile sear ribs just to brown.
- Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add hot water, thyme, and seared ribs.
- Add beer just to rim of ribs.
- Place top on pot and move to indirect heat.
- Close grill top. Grill for 1 1/2 -2 hours till tender.
- Go enjoy a drink and a dip in the pool.
- Mix braising liquid, honey and marmalade.
- Brush ribs with glaze.
- Place over direct heat to bubble and brown. Just a couple minutes each side.
- Serve the veggies along side the ribs.
Calories 274.6, FatContent 14.3, SaturatedFatContent 3, CholesterolContent 7.7, SodiumContent 564.4, CarbohydrateContent 32.6, FiberContent 2.1, SugarContent 24, ProteinContent 2.6
SLOW COOKER PORK RIB TIPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Yoly
Categories: Pork Ribs
Total time: 4 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1 pound pork rip tips|
|1 (18 ounce) bottle BBQ sauce, divided|
|1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring|
- Mix brown sugar, chili powder, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder in a small bowl. Rub each rib with dry rub mixture until thoroughly coated. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix BBQ sauce and liquid smoke until well combined.
- Place ribs in the slow cooker and pour BBQ sauce mixture evenly over ribs.
- Cook on Low until ribs are tender, 4 to 6 hours.
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Remove ribs from the slow cooker and baste with remaining BBQ sauce.
- Broil ribs in the preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
Calories 453 calories, CarbohydrateContent 54.7 g, CholesterolContent 59.9 mg, FatContent 19.1 g, FiberContent 1.7 g, ProteinContent 14.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 6 g, SodiumContent 2060 mg, SugarContent 39.9 g