CHEESE & HERB POTATO FANS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 01 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|8 medium potatoes|
|1/2 cup butter, melted|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
|1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese|
|2 tablespoons each minced fresh chives, sage and thyme|
- Preheat oven to 425°. With a sharp knife, cut each potato crosswise into 1/8-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom; fan potatoes slightly and place in a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix butter, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes., Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a small bowl, toss cheeses with herbs; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Calories 318 calories, FatContent 15g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 43mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 797mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 4g fiber), ProteinContent 8g protein.
MELT IN YOUR MOUTH POTATOES — LET’S DISH RECIPES
Provided by: Danelle
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled|
|6 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed|
|2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley|
- Place oven rack in upper-middle position. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4 to 1 inch thick slices, discarding ends. Toss potatoes in butter mixture. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip potatoes over. Return to oven and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and flip one more time. Add the broth and garlic to the pan and carefully return to oven. Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Calories 319 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 31 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 12 grams fat, FiberContent 5 grams fiber, ProteinContent 6 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 7 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 622 grams sodium, SugarContent 3 grams sugar, TransFatContent 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 4 grams unsaturated fat