MINI PUMPKIN PIE BITES RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
Provided by: Cheeky Kitchen
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|2 boxes (14.1 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Pie Crusts (2 Count)|
|1 cup canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)|
|2 eggs, divided|
|2/3 cup brown sugar|
|2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 cup butterscotch chips (optional)|
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes (optional)|
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line workspace with a large piece of parchment. Open first box of pie crust and unroll both crusts. Slice each in half, then arrange the halves, rounded edges facing in toward the center, to create a large square (crusts may overlap a bit). With a rolling pin, roll the square into a rectangle.
- Use a knife to lightly score 2 x 2-inch squares on the dough. Brush surface of dough with 1 beaten egg (save remaining beaten egg for the top crust).
- In a large bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, 1 egg, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Spoon filling into the center of each scored square.
- Roll second box of pie crusts into a large rectangle on another piece of parchment. Gently lay this crust on top of the pumpkin puree layer.
- With a pastry cutter, cut into individual 2 x 2-inch squares. Brush top crusts with remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until pie squares turn light golden around the edges.
- Optional: Allow to cool to room temperature. Melt butterscotch chips in the microwave, transfer to a plastic bag, snip a small corner from the bag and drizzle atop pumpkin squares. Sprinkle with sea salt. Allow butterscotch topping to harden before serving. To serve, gently pull pie bites apart and enjoy!
Calories 700 , CarbohydrateContent 94 g, CholesterolContent 90 mg, FatContent 6 1/2 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 5 g, SaturatedFatContent 14 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 720 mg, SugarContent 27 g, TransFatContent 0 g