TARTE TATIN TOMATES CERISES RECETTES RECIPE
Provided by: Melissa Clark
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
|1 14-ounce package all-butter puff pastry|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|3 red onions, halved and thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup plus a pinch of sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon sherry vinegar|
|1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives|
|1 1/2 pints (about 1 pound) cherry or grape tomatoes; a mix of colors is nice|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves|
|Kosher salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unfold puff pastry sheet and cut into a 10-inch round; chill, covered, until ready to use.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and a pinch of sugar and cook, stirring, until onions are golden and caramelized, 15 to 20 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons water and let cook off, scraping brown bits from bottom of pan. Transfer onions to a bowl.
- In a clean, ovenproof 9-inch skillet, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons water. Cook over medium heat, swirling pan gently (do not stir) until sugar melts and turns amber, 5 to 10 minutes. Add vinegar and swirl gently.
- Sprinkle olives over caramel. Scatter tomatoes over olives, then sprinkle onions on. Season with thyme leaves, salt and pepper. Top with puff pastry round, tucking edges into pan. Cut several long vents in top of pastry.
- Bake tart until crust is puffed and golden, about 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then run a knife around pastry to loosen it from pan, and flip tart out onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Calories 478, CarbohydrateContent 48 grams, FatContent 30 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 6 grams, SaturatedFatContent 9 grams, SodiumContent 523 milligrams, SugarContent 13 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams, UnsaturatedFatContent 19 grams