PORK POSOLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Julianna Grimes
Total time: 1 hours 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 teaspoon olive oil|
|12 ounces boneless pork shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|1 cup chopped onion|
|4 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin|
|½ teaspoon ground red pepper|
|½ cup beer|
|2 cups unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)|
|½ cup salsa verde|
|1 (28-ounce) can hominy, drained|
|¼ cup cilantro leaves|
|4 radishes, sliced|
|4 lime wedges|
- Heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add pork; sauté 5 minutes, turning to brown on all sides. Remove pork from pan, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in pan. Add onion to pan; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring constantly. Return pork to pan; stir in cumin and pepper. Add beer; bring to a boil. Cook until liquid almost evaporates (about 9 minutes).
- Add chicken stock, salsa, and hominy; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour and 10 minutes or until pork is very tender, stirring occasionally. Ladle 1 1/3 cups soup into each of 4 bowls. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1 sliced radish. Serve with lime wedges.
Calories 231 calories, CarbohydrateContent 30.3 g, CholesterolContent 27 mg, FatContent 5.5 g, FiberContent 5.5 g, ProteinContent 14.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.3 g, SodiumContent 581 mg
TRADITIONAL PORK POSOLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: mic_babe
Categories: Pork Soup
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 35 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|½ pound green chile peppers, sliced in half lengthwise and seeded|
|3 tablespoons olive oil|
|½ onion, chopped|
|2 tablespoons minced garlic|
|1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|1 (29 ounce) can white hominy, drained|
|1 (29 ounce) can yellow hominy, drained|
|3 cups chicken broth|
|1 ½ cups water|
|¼ cup ground cumin|
|¼ cup chili powder|
|3 tablespoons salt|
|1 teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place the peppers with cut sides down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cook under the preheated broiler until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, 5 to 8 minutes. Place the blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap. Allow the peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Remove plastic wrap and carefully remove and discard pepper skins. Dice peppers.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in hot oil until tender and fragrant, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir pork into onion and garlic; cook and stir until pork is browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Add diced green chiles to pork; cook and stir until fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Pour white hominy, yellow hominy, chicken broth, water, cumin, chili powder, salt, and black pepper into pork mixture. Bring mixture to a boil and cook for 15 minutes; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until flavors blend and pork is tender, at least 1 hour.
Calories 317.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 37.7 g, CholesterolContent 26.8 mg, FatContent 12.9 g, FiberContent 7.6 g, ProteinContent 14.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, SodiumContent 3113.8 mg, SugarContent 4.3 g
EASY PORK POSOLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 06 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 06 hours 00 minutes
Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|1/2 pound boneless pork shoulder butt roast, cubed|
|1/2 pound fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced|
|6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped|
|1 can (16 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup minced fresh cilantro|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|4 green onions, chopped|
|1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper|
|Optional: Corn tortillas, additional chopped onion, minced fresh cilantro and lime wedges|
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown pork and sausage; drain. Transfer to a 4-qt. slow cooker., Stir in broth, tomatoes, hominy, cilantro, onion, green onions, jalapeno, garlic, chili powder, cumin, cayenne and pepper. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. If desired, serve with tortillas, additional onion, cilantro and lime wedges.
Calories 190 calories, FatContent 11g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 54mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 957mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 14g protein.
SPICY PORK POSOLE RECIPE
Provided by: COUNTRYLIVING.COM
Categories: dinner party,feed a crowd,dinner,lunch,main dish,soup
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 6 servings
|2 tbsp. olive oil|
|1 medium sweet onion, chopped|
|1 poblano pepper, finely chopped|
|3 garlic cloves, minced|
|3/4 lb. coarsely shredded barbecue pork (without sauce)|
|2 tsp. dried oregano|
|2 tsp. chili powder|
|1/2 tsp. ground cumin|
|1 1/4 c. jarred salsa verde|
|1 qt. unsalted chicken stock|
|1 (15.5-ounce) can hominy, drained and rinsed|
|Toppings: Shredded cabbage, thinly sliced radishes, shredded Monterey Jack cheese, lime wedges, hot sauce, cilantro leaves|
- Sauté onion, pepper, and garlic in hot oil over medium-high heat 6 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Stir in pork and next 3 ingredients and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in salsa and cook 3 minutes.
- Stir in stock and hominy. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with desired toppings.
Calories 275 calories
POSOLE (MEXICAN SOUP WITH PORK AND HOMINY) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|3 cups cooked pork, cut into bite sized cubes (pork shoulder is traditional ; or other pork roast)|
|2 tablespoons lard or 2 tablespoons bacon fat|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, peeled and diced|
|1 teaspoon cumin|
|1/2 teaspoon oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chili peppers (or 2 fresh green chili’s seeded and diced)|
|2 (15 ounce) cans white hominy, drained and rinsed|
|1 1/2 cups cooked pinto beans (or 1- 15 oz. can pinto beans) (optional)|
|1 quart pork stock or 1 quart chicken stock|
|1/2 cup chopped cilantro (garnish)|
|lime wedge (garnish)|
- In a large pan.
- Saute onions in lard or bacon drippings until clear.
- Add garlic and spices and cook another two minutes.
- Add meat, green chili, rinsed hominy and beans.
- The beans are not traditional but we like them.
- Cook another two minutes.
- Pour stock over all.
- Add salt to taste.
- Simmer, covered, about 1hour.
- Pass cilantro and lime wedges for those who like a pinch of cilantro and a squeeze of lime over their soup.
- I serve this with large corn chips and cold melon.
Calories 254.2, FatContent 8.6, SaturatedFatContent 2.8, CholesterolContent 6.1, SodiumContent 454.2, CarbohydrateContent 40.2, FiberContent 7, SugarContent 8.4, ProteinContent 5