SOFT AND CREAMY SCRAMBLED EGGS
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: Makes approximately 2 servings
|1/2 tablespoon butter|
|4 large eggs|
|1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste|
- Melt the butter in a medium non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and whisk until well blended.
- When the butter begins to bubble, pour in the eggs and immediately use a silicone spatula to swirl in small circles around the pan, without stopping, until the eggs look slightly thickened and very small curds begin to form, about 30 seconds.
- Change from making circles to making long sweeps across the pan until you see larger, creamy curds; about 20 seconds.
- When the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places, remove the pan from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish cooking. Give a final stir and serve immediately. Serve with an extra sprinkle of salt, a grind of black pepper and a few fresh chopped herbs (if desired).
Calories 168, ProteinContent 13 g, CarbohydrateContent 1 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 0 g, FatContent 12 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 380 mg
CALICO SCRAMBLED EGGS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|8 large eggs|
|1/4 cup 2% milk|
|1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed|
|1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1/2 cup chopped green pepper|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato|
- In a bowl, whisk the first 5 ingredients until blended. In a 12-in. nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender. Remove from pan. , In same pan, pour in egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs begin to thicken. Add tomato and pepper mixture; cook until heated through and no liquid egg remains, stirring gently.
Calories 188 calories, FatContent 13g fat (5g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 381mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 248mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 14g protein. Diabetic exchanges 2 medium-fat meat