SPAGHETTI SAUCE WITH GROUND BEEF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Hank’s Mom
Categories: Meat Pasta Sauce
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 small green bell pepper, diced|
|1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes|
|1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce|
|1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|2 teaspoons dried basil|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Combine ground beef, onion, garlic, and green pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until meat is browned and crumbly and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain grease.
- Stir diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and tomato paste into the pan. Season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper. Simmer spaghetti sauce for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
Calories 185.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 15 g, CholesterolContent 34.8 mg, FatContent 9.3 g, FiberContent 3.6 g, ProteinContent 12.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.5 g, SodiumContent 930.8 mg, SugarContent 8.6 g
QUICK FRESH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: David Tanis
Total time: 30 minutes
Yield: About 2 1/2 cups
|5 pounds tomatoes|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|1 garlic clove, halved|
|1 basil sprig|
|1 bay leaf|
- Cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Squeeze out the seeds and discard, if you wish. Press the cut side of tomato against the large holes of a box grater and grate tomato flesh into a bowl. Discard skins. You should have about 4 cups.
- Put tomato pulp in a low wide saucepan over high heat. Add salt, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, basil and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a brisk simmer.
- Reduce the sauce by almost half, stirring occasionally, to produce about 2 1/2 cups medium-thick sauce, 10 to 15 minutes. Taste and adjust salt. It will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator or may be frozen.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 133, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CarbohydrateContent 19 grams, FatContent 6 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 4 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 gram, SodiumContent 397 milligrams, SugarContent 12 grams