REFRIGERATOR BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 48 muffins, 48 serving(s)
|3 cups all-bran cereal|
|1 cup boiling water|
|2 cups buttermilk|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup shortening (I use butter)|
|2 1/2 cups unsifted flour (unbleached or whole wheat)|
|2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 cup dates (or raisins)|
- Mix all bran cereal, boiling water, and one cup of the buttermilk.
- Let mixture stand.
- Blend sugar with shortening (butter).
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add the flour, soda, salt, another cup of buttermilk, and the dates.
- Blend well and add to bran mixture.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate up to 2 months.
- When ready to use, do NOT stir!
- Dip batter into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, if whole wheat, 30.
Calories 79.4, FatContent 2.7, SaturatedFatContent 0.7, CholesterolContent 9.2, SodiumContent 137, CarbohydrateContent 13.5, FiberContent 1.5, SugarContent 6, ProteinContent 1.8
REFRIGERATOR BRAN MUFFINS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: about 3 dozen.
|4 large eggs, room temperature|
|1 quart buttermilk|
|1 cup vegetable oil|
|1 cup sugar|
|6 cups (10 ounces) bran flakes with raisins|
|1/2 to 1 cup raisins|
|5 cups all-purpose flour|
|5 teaspoons baking soda|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, oil and sugar. Stir in cereal and raisins. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt; add to egg mixture. Stir just until all ingredients are moistened. If desired, store batter, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. To bake, gently stir batter; fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. (All of the batter does not need to be baked at once.)
Calories 188 calories, FatContent 7g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 25mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 325mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 28g carbohydrate (11g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 4g protein.