FRENCH SALTY CAKE – RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
Provided by: Ilaria
Total time: 75 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|eggs – 3|
|oil – 1/3 cup (80 ml)|
|flour – 4/5 cup (200 g)|
|baking powder – 1 packet|
|milk – 2/5 cup (110 ml)|
|feta cheese – 3 oz (80 g) hard, by choice|
|sausages – 3.5 oz (100 g), by choice|
|carrots – 1, small|
|green onions – 1 bunch|
|parsley – 1/2 bunch|
|basil – 1/2 bunch|
- Beat the eggs with the oil very well to whitening. Add the flour sifted with the baking powder, stir and gradually pour in the milk.
- Then add the grated cheese, finely chopped sausages, carrots cut into small cubes, onion, parsley, basil , black pepper and salt.
- Stir the pie mix very well and pour into a greased and slightly floured form. Spread with a beaten egg yolk on top.
- Put the french salty pie to bake in a preheated 360°F (180 °C) oven for about 40-50 minutes.
SEA SALT-CARAMEL CAKE RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Provided by: Pam Lolley
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Yield: Serves 16
|1 cup salted butter, softened|
|2 cups granulated sugar|
|3 large eggs|
|2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting pans|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ teaspoon baking soda|
|1 ½ cups whole buttermilk|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract|
|Vegetable shortening, for greasing pans|
|1 cup unsalted butter|
|1 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1 cup packed dark brown sugar|
|½ cup heavy cream|
|4 cups (about 1 lb.) powdered sugar, sifted|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|½ teaspoon fine sea salt|
|Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)|
- Prepare the Cake Layers: Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat salted butter with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer on medium speed until creamy. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating on low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour batter into 3 greased (with vegetable shortening) and floured 8-inch round cake pans. Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean, 22 to 24 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Transfer from pans to wire racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Prepare the Caramel Frosting: Bring unsalted butter and both brown sugars to a boil in a 3 ½-quart saucepan over medium, whisking constantly. Whisk in heavy cream, and return to a boil. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into the bowl of a heavy-duty electric stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. With mixer running on medium speed, gradually add powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and fine sea salt. Beat until thickened and spreadable, 8 to 10 minutes. (If it becomes too thick, beat in 1 to 2 teaspoons hot water.)
- Assemble the cake: Spread frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Sprinkle top of cake with flaky sea salt.
SALTED DARK CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH GANACHE FROSTING RECIPE – NYT …
Provided by: Margaux Laskey
Total time: 1 hours
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
|2 1/2 cups/310 grams self-rising flour, sifted (see note)|
|1/2 cup/45 grams cocoa powder, sifted|
|1 1/2 cups/295 grams sugar|
|4 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 cups/360 milliliters whole milk|
|1 cup plus 2 tablespoons/255 grams unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled|
|7 ounces/200 grams dark chocolate, melted and slightly cooled|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, white or black|
|1 cup/240 milliliters sour cream|
|14 ounces/400 grams milk chocolate, melted and slightly cooled|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 8-inch round cake tins with parchment paper. Place the flour, cocoa, sugar, eggs, milk, butter, dark chocolate and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until smooth. (You may need to use a spatula to start, but use a whisk once the ingredients begin to combine.) Divide the mixture evenly between the tins and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tins for 10 minutes before turning out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Make the ganache: Place the sour cream and melted chocolate in a large bowl. Whisk to combine and refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm. Place 1 of the cakes on a cake stand or plate. Spread with half the ganache. Top with the remaining cake and ganache. Sprinkle with the salt to serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 1009, UnsaturatedFatContent 21 grams, CarbohydrateContent 91 grams, FatContent 68 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 13 grams, SaturatedFatContent 41 grams, SodiumContent 591 milligrams, SugarContent 58 grams, TransFatContent 2 grams