SAUSAGE AND SPINACH FETTUCCINE ALFREDO RECIPE
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: Makes 6 servings
|6 ounces Italian sausage, casings removed, use hot or mild sausage|
|1 pound fettuccine|
|Salt and fresh ground black pepper|
|4 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (about 2 cups), plus extra for serving|
|5 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces|
|4 to 5 cups packed baby spinach leaves|
- Add sausage to a wide skillet over medium-low heat. Cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon until crispy; about 10 minutes. (While the sausage cooks, move on to cooking the pasta.)
- Meanwhile, bring 3 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Add one tablespoon of salt and the fettuccine. Cook, stirring once or twice, for 3 minutes less than the suggested cooking time on the package. The pasta will finish cooking when making the sauce. Reserve 1 1/2 cups of the pasta cooking water then drain pasta.
- Add parmesan cheese, butter, spinach, 1 cup of reserved cooking water, and the drained pasta to the skillet with the cooked sausage. Set the skillet over low heat. Use tongs to toss the fettuccine, butter, and cheese around the pan for one minute. Take the pan off of the heat then cover the skillet with a lid. Leave for one minute.
- Uncover the skillet, toss the pasta a few more times in the sauce. If the pasta looks dry, add a splash more pasta water. If it looks wet, don’t worry, the pasta absorbs some the extra moisture as it cools.
- Serve fettuccine with a few grinds of pepper and a sprinkle of extra parmesan cheese on top.
ServingSize 1 bowl (1/6 of the recipe), Calories 544, FatContent 21.8g, SaturatedFatContent 10.9g, CholesterolContent 59.7g, SodiumContent 562.9mg, CarbohydrateContent 62.2g, FiberContent 5.9g, SugarContent 3g, ProteinContent 25.7g
SPICY SAUSAGE FETTUCCINE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 06 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 06 hours 00 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|2 teaspoons canola oil|
|8 hot Italian sausage links|
|1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms|
|1 small sweet onion, chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with mild green chiles, undrained|
|1/2 cup beef stock|
|1/2 cup dry white wine or additional stock|
|1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine or tagliatelle|
|Grated Parmesan cheese, optional|
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown sausages on all sides. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker, reserving drippings in pan., In same skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in drippings over medium heat until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, stock and wine; pour over sausages. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours (a thermometer inserted in sausages should read at least 160°)., To serve, cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Remove sausages from slow cooker; cut into thick slices., Skim fat from mushroom mixture. Add fettuccine and sausage; toss to combine. Serve in bowls. If desired, top with cheese.
Calories 448 calories, FatContent 25g fat (7g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 57mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 817mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 19g protein.
HILLSHIRE FARM® SAUSAGE ALFREDO | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Hillshire Farm®
Categories: Hillshire Farm®
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 3 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 (14 ounce) package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch slices|
|8 ounces pasta, cooked, drained|
|2 cups heavy cream|
|2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning|
|½ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Saute sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add cream and Cajun seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer gently for 3-4 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat, stir in Parmesan cheese. Add pasta to sauce and toss.
Calories 662.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 33.6 g, CholesterolContent 155.9 mg, FatContent 51.1 g, FiberContent 1.9 g, ProteinContent 17.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 26.7 g, SodiumContent 859 mg, SugarContent 1.4 g