OLD-FASHIONED SCALLOPED CORN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Cali
Categories: Corn Casserole
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 1 8×11-inch casserole
|3 (15 ounce) cans cream-style corn|
|1 cup crushed saltine crackers, divided|
|½ cup butter, melted, divided|
|2 large eggs|
|½ teaspoon paprika|
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter an 8x11x2-inch casserole dish.
- Combine creamed corn, 1/2 cup cracker crumbs, 1/4 cup melted butter, and eggs in a large bowl; mix well. Pour mixture into the prepared dish.
- Mix remaining 1/2 cup cracker crumbs and remaining 1/4 cup melted butter with paprika and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle crumb topping over casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven until topping browns slightly and filling bubbles along edges, 30 to 40 minutes.
Calories 230.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 31.4 g, CholesterolContent 61.6 mg, FatContent 11.6 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 4.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.4 g, SodiumContent 566.6 mg, SugarContent 4.8 g
SCALLOPED CORN RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 01 hours 05 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 55 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|3 large eggs|
|1 cup 2% milk|
|3 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped onion|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|4 cups fresh or frozen corn|
|3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 23 crackers), divided|
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Stir in corn and 1/2 cup crushed saltines., Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining saltines. Bake, uncovered, 55-65 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Calories 236 calories, FatContent 11g fat (5g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 112mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 296mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 29g carbohydrate (10g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 9g protein.
EASY SCALLOPED CORN RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn|
|2 eggs, beaten|
|3/4 cup milk|
|1 teaspoon salt (or less)|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|3/4 cup soda cracker, crumpled|
|3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted|
- Mix the corn, eggs, milk, salt& pepper in a casserole dish.
- Mix in half of the soda cracker crumbs.
- Mix the remaining crumbs with the butter and sprinkle on top of the corn.
- Bake uncovered in 325F oven for about 1 hour.
Calories 234.8, FatContent 9.8, SaturatedFatContent 5.1, CholesterolContent 81.5, SodiumContent 983.1, CarbohydrateContent 34.2, FiberContent 2, SugarContent 4.9, ProteinContent 6.5