CHILEAN SEA BASS PROVENCAL RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|2 1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onions|
|1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley|
|1 tablespoon fresh thyme|
|3 garlic cloves, finely chopped|
|1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper|
|1 1/4 lbs fresh roma tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups)|
|3/4 cup dry white wine|
|4 (8 ounce) chilean sea bass fillets|
|sea salt, to taste|
|fresh ground pepper, to taste|
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skilley over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, 1/4 cup of parsley, thyme, garlic and red pepper.
- Saute until onions begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes & wine.
- Sprinkle fish with salt & pepper.
- Place fish in same shillet & spoon vegetables atop fish.
- Bring to simmer.
- Cover; bake until fish is opaque in center, about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer fish to plates.
- Stir remaining parsley into sauce.
- Boil sauce until reduced slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper, spoon over sauce.
Calories 422.2, FatContent 15.1, SaturatedFatContent 2.7, CholesterolContent 93.7, SodiumContent 172.6, CarbohydrateContent 18.2, FiberContent 3.5, SugarContent 8.5, ProteinContent 44.7
BLACK SEA BASS FILLETS PROVENCAL STYLE RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Pierre Franey
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/2 cup finely chopped onion|
|1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic|
|1 cup finely chopped leeks|
|1 cup peeled and chopped fresh ripe tomatoes|
|1/2 cup finely chopped fennel or celery|
|1 teaspoon turmeric|
|1/2 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup fish broth or bottled clam juice|
|1 bay leaf|
|4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|2 tablespoons Ricard or other anise-flavored liqueur|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|4 black sea bass fillets with skin on, about 6 ounces each (red snapper fillets may be substituted)|
|2 tablespoons chopped parsley|
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, and add the onion, garlic, leeks, tomatoes, fennel or celery, and turmeric. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until wilted, about 3 minutes. Add the wine, fish broth or clam juice, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne pepper, Ricard, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Put the fillets in a skillet large enough to hold them in one layer. Season with salt and pepper. Remove the bay leaf and pour the mixture evenly over the fish. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until cooked. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 264, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CarbohydrateContent 14 grams, FatContent 6 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 29 grams, SaturatedFatContent 1 gram, SodiumContent 753 milligrams, SugarContent 7 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams