SHRIMP COCKTAIL SALAD RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1/3 cup mayonnaise|
|3 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce|
|3/4 lb. frozen shelled deveined cooked bay shrimp, thawed|
|1 cup coarsely chopped celery|
|3 tablespoons coarsely chopped dill pickle|
|6 cups shredded leaf lettuce|
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and cocktail sauce; blend well.
- In medium bowl, combine shrimp, celery and pickle. Stir in mayonnaise mixture. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, arrange lettuce on large serving platter or individual serving plates. Spoon salad onto lettuce.
Calories 250 , CarbohydrateContent 7 g, CholesterolContent 175 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 20 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 560 mg, SugarContent 4 g
SHRIMP SALAD COCKTAILS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|2 cups mayonnaise|
|1/4 cup ketchup|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked large shrimp|
|2 celery ribs, finely chopped|
|3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 3 teaspoons dried tarragon|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|2 cups shredded romaine|
|2 cups seedless red and/or green grapes, halved|
|6 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped|
|1/2 cup chopped peeled mango or papaya|
|Minced chives or parsley|
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery, tarragon, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup dressing; toss to coat., Spoon 1 tablespoon dressing into eight cocktail glasses. Layer each with 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup shrimp mixture, 1/4 cup grapes, 1/3 cup tomatoes and 1 tablespoon mango. Top with remaining dressing; sprinkle with chives. Serve immediately.
Calories 580 calories, FatContent 46g fat (6g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 192mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 670mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 24g protein.
SHRIMP COCKTAIL SALAD RECIPE BY JEANMARIE BROWNSON
Total time: 24 minutes59S
Prep time: 19 minutes59S
Cook time: 4 minutes59S
|12 ounce peeled, deveined medium-size shrimp (51 to 60 count), thawed if frozen|
|1 large lime|
|1/3 cup ketchup|
|1 teaspoon puréed chipotle in adobo or mexican red pepper hot sauce|
|1/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 roasted red bell pepper, diced (bottled is fine here)|
|1/4 cup drained, thinly sliced green olives|
|2 to 3 tablespoon finely diced red onion, well rinsed|
|1/2 large avocado, halved, pitted, flesh diced|
|2 to 3 cup mixed salad greens or 4 to 6 large boston or leaf lettuce leaves|
|fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges, for garnish|
|saltines or other crackers|
- Step 1: Put the shrimp into a large saucepan with just enough water to cover. Squeeze juice of 1 lime into a cup. Set the juice aside. Put the lime rinds in the pan with the shrimp. Heat to a gentle simmer; stir well and remove from the heat. Let stand until all shrimp are pink, about 2 minutes. Drain well. (You can save the cooking liquid for use in seafood soups; freeze up to 1 month.)
- Step 2: Mix 1/3 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon puréed chipotle (or hot sauce) and ¼ teaspoon salt in the bottom of a large bowl. Add reserved lime juice to taste.
- Step 3: Gently stir in cooked, drained shrimp, the diced ½ roasted red pepper, ¼ cup drained sliced olives and 2 to 3 tablespoons finely diced and rinsed red onion. Taste for seasoning.
- Step 4: Refrigerate, covered, up to several hours
- Step 5: Gently stir diced flesh from ½ a ripe avocado into shrimp mixture. Arrange 1 cup mixed salad greens or 2 lettuce leaves on each serving plate.
- Step 6: Gently pile the shrimp mixture over the lettuce leaves.
- Step 7: Garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedges. Serve with crackers.
ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 329 calories, SugarContent 12 g, FatContent 14 g, CarbohydrateContent 31 g, CholesterolContent 214 mg, FiberContent 8 g, ProteinContent 27 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, SodiumContent 1656 mg
MEXICAN SHRIMP COCKTAIL RECIPE – MY FOOD AND FAMILY
Provided by: My Food and Family
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings, 1 cup each
|1 lb. cooked cleaned medium shrimp, coarsely chopped|
|4 cups plum tomatoes, seeded, chopped|
|1 avocado, chopped|
|1 stalk celery, chopped|
|1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded, finely chopped|
|1/2 cup KRAFT Mango Chipotle Vinaigrette Dressing|
|1/2 cup clam-flavored tomato cocktail|
|2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro|
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk dressing, tomato cocktail and lime juice until blended. Add to shrimp mixture; mix lightly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Calories 210, FatContent 9 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 160 mg, SodiumContent 960 mg, CarbohydrateContent 0 g, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 0 g, ProteinContent 19 g