SHRIMP CREOLE SOUP RECIPE
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium heat until crisp.
- Add onions, celery, bell peppers, and garlic; cook 4–5 minutes.
- Whisk in flour; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, lemon juice, Worcestershire, Tabasco, thyme, sugar, cayenne, and bay leaf. Simmer soup 10–15 minutes until thickened; season with salt.
- Add shrimp to soup and cook 3 minutes more.
ServingSize 6 servings (6 cups), Calories 128, FatContent 2g, CarbohydrateContent 16g, FiberContent 2g, ProteinContent 10g, SaturatedFatContent 1g, SodiumContent 593mg, CholesterolContent 51mg
SHRIMP CREOLE SOUP FOR CROCK POT RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 3 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 hours
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1 1/2 cups diced celery|
|1 1/4 cups chopped onions|
|3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper|
|1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce|
|1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes|
|2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth|
|2 -3 garlic cloves|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper|
|8 -16 drops Tabasco sauce|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar (optional)|
|1/4 cup red wine (optional)|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)|
|1 lb frozen cooked shrimp, tails removed|
- Combine all ingredients except shrimp in crockpot. Cook 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 8 to 10 hours on LOW.
- Increase heat to HIGH and add cooked shrimp 15 minutes before serving.
Calories 171.4, FatContent 2.6, SaturatedFatContent 0.5, CholesterolContent 159.7, SodiumContent 1787.6, CarbohydrateContent 14.4, FiberContent 3.6, SugarContent 8.1, ProteinContent 22.8
EASY SHRIMP CREOLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 servings.
|3/4 cup chopped onion|
|3/4 cup chopped celery|
|3/4 cup chopped green pepper|
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted|
|1 cup tomato juice|
|1/4 cup water|
|1/4 cup salsa|
|2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley|
|2 teaspoons chili powder|
|1-1/4 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|Hot cooked rice|
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and green pepper in oil for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the soup, tomato juice, water, salsa, lemon juice, parsley, chili powder, garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. , Add the shrimp; cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Calories 222 calories, FatContent 7g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 138mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 753mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 21g protein.
BIG ED’S CAJUN SHRIMP SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Mr Ed
Categories: Shrimp Soup
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 tablespoon butter|
|½ cup chopped green bell pepper|
|¼ cup sliced green onions|
|1 clove garlic, minced|
|3 cups tomato-vegetable juice cocktail|
|1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice|
|½ cup water|
|¼ teaspoon dried thyme|
|¼ teaspoon dried basil|
|¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes|
|1 bay leaf|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|½ cup uncooked long-grain white rice|
|¾ pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|hot pepper sauce to taste|
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Saute green bell pepper, onions, and garlic until tender. Stir in vegetable juice, clam juice, and water. Season with thyme, basil, red pepper, bay leaf, and salt. Bring to a boil, and stir in rice. Reduce heat, and cover. Simmer 15 minutes, until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp, and cook 5 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque. Remove the bay leaf, and season with hot sauce.
Calories 162.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 19.6 g, CholesterolContent 92.5 mg, FatContent 3.2 g, FiberContent 1.3 g, ProteinContent 13.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.5 g, SodiumContent 722.3 mg, SugarContent 4.6 g