THE SILVER PALATE’S CHICKEN MARBELLA RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Christine Muhlke
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|1/2 cup olive oil|
|1/2 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 cup pitted prunes|
|1/2 cup pitted Spanish green olives|
|1/2 cup capers, with a bit of juice|
|6 bay leaves|
|1 head of garlic, peeled and puréed|
|1/2 cup fresh oregano, chopped, or 1/4 cup dried oregano|
|2 teaspoons of salt|
|1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper|
|2 chickens, 3 1/2 to 4 pounds each, quartered|
|1 cup dry white wine|
|1 cup brown sugar|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley|
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, vinegar, prunes, olives, capers and juice, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the chicken in a single layer in a shallow roasting pan; spoon the marinade over it evenly. Pour in the wine and sprinkle the chicken with the brown sugar.
- Bake until the thigh pieces yield clear yellow juice when pricked with a fork, 50 to 60 minutes, basting two or three times with the pan juices once the chicken begins to brown. (When basting, do not brush off the sugar. If the chicken browns too quickly, cover lightly with foil.)
- Transfer the chicken pieces to a warm serving platter and top with the prunes, olives and capers; keep warm. Place the roasting pan over medium heat and bring the pan juices to a boil. Reduce to about 1/2 cup. Strain into a heatproof bowl, add the parsley and pour over the chicken.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 928, UnsaturatedFatContent 40 grams, CarbohydrateContent 40 grams, FatContent 59 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 56 grams, SaturatedFatContent 15 grams, SodiumContent 1079 milligrams, SugarContent 27 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
TORRIJAS RECIPE (SPANISH-STYLE FRENCH TOAST) | KITCHN
Provided by: Perry Santanachote
Categories: Dessert,Snack,Baked good,Sweets
Total time: 3300S
Prep time: 1800S
Cook time: 1500S
|1 medium orange|
|1 medium lemon|
|1 quart whole milk (4 cups)|
|1/2 cup granulated sugar|
|1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick|
|1/3 cup dry sherry|
|1 (12-ounce) day-old baguette|
|1 cup olive oil|
|4 large eggs|
|Honey, for serving|
- Finely grate the zest of 1 medium orange (about 2 teaspoons) and 1 medium lemon (about 1 teaspoon) into a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 quart whole milk, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove the pan from the heat and add 1/3 cup dry sherry. Let sit until cool enough to handle. Meanwhile, cut 1 (12-ounce) day-old baguette crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices (about 16). Arrange in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Pour the milk mixture over the bread and let it soak for 5 minutes. Flip each slice of bread. Let the bread sit until it absorbs most of the liquid but isn't falling apart, about 5 minutes more.
- Heat 1 cup olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until shimmering. Meanwhile, whisk 4 eggs together in a medium bowl.
- Working with 1 slice at a time, dip the bread in the egg mixture to coat. Let the excess drip off, then add to the pan. Repeat with as many slices as needed until the pan is filled with a single layer. Fry until golden-brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes. Flip the slices and fry until the second side until golden-brown, 3 to 4 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate or baking sheet. Repeat dipping and frying the remaining bread. Drizzle with honey to serve.
SaturatedFatContent 6.6 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 90.8 g, SugarContent 47.8 g, ServingSize Serves 4, ProteinContent 23.6 g, FatContent 14.8 g, Calories 593 cal, SodiumContent 689.4 mg, FiberContent 3.4 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg