GARLIC TOP SIRLOIN POT ROAST RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: DONTCOOKMUCH
Categories: Pot Roast
Total time: 6 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours 0 minutes
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1 (3 pound) top sirloin roast|
|6 cloves garlic, slivered|
|6 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered|
|4 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|2 large sweet onions, peeled and chopped|
|½ cup water|
|½ cup beef broth|
|3 cubes beef bouillon|
|1 bay leaf|
|2 large green bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces|
- Combine salt, pepper, and paprika in a small bowl; rub into roast. Make slits in the top of the roast with a small knife; press the garlic slivers into the slits.
- Place potatoes, carrots, and onions into a large slow cooker; place roast on top of vegetables. Pour in water and beef broth; add bouillon cubes and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 hours or High for 6 hours. Stir in green peppers for the last half hour of cooking.
Calories 377.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 26.1 g, CholesterolContent 90.8 mg, FatContent 16.1 g, FiberContent 3.8 g, ProteinContent 31.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.4 g, SodiumContent 823.5 mg, SugarContent 4.4 g
SIRLOIN ROAST WITH GRAVY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 03 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 03 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 8 servings.
|1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper|
|1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2 teaspoons ground mustard|
|2 tablespoons cornstarch|
|1/4 cup cold water|
- Rub roast with garlic and pepper; place in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Mix soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low until tender, 3-1/2 to 4 hours., Remove roast; keep warm. Strain cooking juices into a small saucepan; skim fat. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Cut roast into slices; serve with gravy.
Calories 241 calories, FatContent 8g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 108mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 358mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 5 lean meat.
SUSAN’S SIRLOIN TIP ROAST | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Susan Feliciano @frenchtutor
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours 30 minutes
|One – 3-4 pound sirloin tip roast|
|– (get one that fits your crock pot very closely)|
|1 – white onion, sliced thin|
|2 clove(s) garlic, smashed and sliced|
|– coarse ground black pepper|
|1 – cup water|
- Sear roast on all sides by placing in a very hot greased iron skillet and turning every couple of minutes.
- Place roast in crock pot on low. Pour the water around the roast. Sprinkle with pepper and a little salt if desired. Place the garlic and onions over top of the roast. Cover crock pot and cook on low 6 hours.
- With a meat thermometer, check the thickest part of the roast for doneness. I cook until it reaches 160 degrees. When done, remove roast from crock pot with 2 large spatulas or spoons and place on serving platter.
- Take meat juices and onions from crock pot and place in sauce pan. Dissolve 1/4 cup flour in 1/2 cup water and add to drippings. Boil as for gravy until thick. Add more water if necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- This roast should slice – it does for me. The cooking time is approximate depending on the size of your roast and how the crock pot cooks. I used the medium size crock pot – about 3 quarts capacity.