SOFT BISCUITS WITH VANILLA – RECIPE | TASTYCRAZE.COM
Provided by: Marina Nord
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|butter – 2 cups|
|sugar – 3 cups|
|eggs – 4|
|milk – 1/4 cup|
|vanilla – 2|
|flour – 5 cups|
|baking powder – 1 tsp|
|salt – 1 tsp|
- Beat the butter with the sugar until you get a creamy mixture. Add the eggs one by one while stirring nonstop.
- Finally add the milk as well. In a separate container, mix the sugar, vanilla , flour, baking powder and salt, stir and add it to the butter mixture.
- Knead a soft dough and leave it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Roll out the dough, cut out biscuits and put them in an oven dish covered with baking paper. Bake 10 min. at 370°F (190 °C).
SOFT FLUFFY BUTTERMILK BISCUITS | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Gina Schmitz @mitzy392000
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 1/2 cup(s) self rising flour|
|2 1/2 teaspoon(s) sugar|
|1/8 teaspoon(s) salt|
|1 stick(s) butter, frozen|
|1-1 1/2 cup(s) buttermilk|
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Grate frozen butter over the dry ingredients working very quickly so the butter stays as cold as possible. Toss butter into the dry ingredients with a fork making sure no large clumps of butter remain.
- Add 1 cup of the buttermilk and stir in with fork adding more buttermilk as needed to make a moist dough.
- Turn dough onto a well floured board and knead as little as possible to make a smooth dough. Pat out dough to 1/2-1 inch thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and add to well buttered 9×13 inch pan making sure the sides of the biscuits touch. Re-roll dough and cut more until all dough is used. The last little bit I usually pat into 2 small biscuits for the corners of the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 450* oven for 12 min. Turn pan around and bake another 6 minutes. Brush tops with butter as soon as they come out of the oven.
FLUFFY BISCUITS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: about 8 biscuits.
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|4 teaspoons baking powder|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup shortening|
|1 large egg, room temperature|
|2/3 cup 2% milk|
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, whisk together first 4 ingredients. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk together egg and milk. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Dough will be wet. , On a well-floured surface, knead dough gently 8-10 times. Roll to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. , Bake until golden brown, 10-12 minutes. Serve warm.
Calories 249 calories, FatContent 13g fat (4g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 25mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 407mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.