OLD FASHIONED BREAD PUDDING – USES SOFT BREAD CUBES RECIPE …
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|2 cups milk|
|4 cups bread cubes (Tender Touch Brand bread stuffing cubes)|
|1/4 cup butter, melted|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|2 eggs, slightly beaten|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 cup raisins|
|1 teaspoon cinnamon|
- Heat milk to scalding (bubbles form around edge of pan).
- Pour milk over bread cubes in large bowl. Cool and add remaining ingredients. Pour into buttered 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Bake at 350º for 40-45 minute.
Calories 308.1, FatContent 13.1, SaturatedFatContent 7.4, CholesterolContent 102.2, SodiumContent 374.9, CarbohydrateContent 42.3, FiberContent 1.2, SugarContent 24.9, ProteinContent 7
HOMEMADE BREAD STUFFING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Mary Guilds
Categories: Bread Stuffing and Dressing
Total time: 1 hours 25 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 5 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
|1 cup butter|
|¾ cup chopped onion|
|1 ½ cups chopped celery with leaves|
|9 cups soft bread cubes|
|2 teaspoons salt|
|1 teaspoon dried sage leaves|
|1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1 teaspoon poultry seasoning, or to taste|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until; saute onion and celery in hot butter until onion is soft, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Put bread cubes in a large bowl. Season bread with salt, sage, thyme, poultry seasoning, and black pepper. Add onion mixture to bread cubes; stir. Pour bread mixture into a large casserole dish and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and hot, about 1 hour.
Calories 159.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.2 g, CholesterolContent 30.5 mg, FatContent 12.2 g, FiberContent 0.8 g, ProteinContent 1.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.4 g, SodiumContent 515.9 mg, SugarContent 1.4 g
BREAD STUFFING RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|3/4 cup butter|
|2 large celery stalks, chopped|
|1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)|
|9 cups soft bread cubes (15 slices)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground sage|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
- Melt butter in 4-quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cook celery and onion in butter 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove Dutch oven from the heat.
- Gently toss celery mixture and remaining ingredients, using spoon, until bread cubes are evenly coated.
- Use to stuff one 10- to 12-pound turkey. Or to bake stuffing separately, grease 3-quart casserole or rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Place stuffing in casserole or baking dish. Cover with lid or aluminum foil and bake at 325°F for 30 minutes; uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
Calories 250 , CarbohydrateContent 20 g, CholesterolContent 35 mg, FatContent 3 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 10 g, SaturatedFatContent 9 g, ServingSize 1/2 Cup, SodiumContent 540 mg