GERMAN WALNUT RAISIN SPICE CAKE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 16 serving(s)
|1 1/2 cups seedless raisins|
|1 1/2 cups walnuts|
|1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda|
|1 1/2 cups boiling water|
|2 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)|
|1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 cup butter or 3/4 cup regular margarine|
|1 1/2 cups sugar|
|2 whole eggs|
|2 egg yolks|
|1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice|
|1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened|
|2/3 cup butter or 2/3 cup regular margarine, softened|
|3 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|1 1/2 lbs confectioners’ sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour lightly THREE (8-by-1 1/2-inch) round layer cake pans.
- Chop raisins and 1 cup walnuts fine; place in a medium bowl.
- Add baking soda; then stir in boiling water.
- Let mixture cool 1/2 hour.
- Sift flour with cinnamon and salt.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat 3/4 cup butter until creamy.
- Add sugar, a little at a time, beating until light and fluffy.
- Stop beater once or twice; scrape down side of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Add eggs and egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat after each addition; scrape side of bowl with rubber spatula.
- Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- With wooden spoon, beat in flour mixture, in fourths, alternately with nut mixture, in thirds; begin and end with flour mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Place in oven, leaving space between pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until top springs back when lightly pressed with fingertip and cake pulls away from edge.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
- With small spatula, loosen edge.
- Turn out on wire rack; turn top up; let cool completelyabout 1 hour.
- MAKE FROSTING: In large bowl, with electric mixer at medium speed, beat cheese with butter and vanilla until creamy.
- Add the confectioners; sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Using 1 1/2 cups frosting, put layers together.
- Use rest of frosting to cover top and side of cake.
- With metal spatula, make decorative swirls in frosting; coarsely chop remaining walnuts; sprinkle around top.
- Refrigerate until serving.
- Makes 16 servings.
Calories 626.3, FatContent 29.7, SaturatedFatContent 14.5, CholesterolContent 105.7, SodiumContent 323.8, CarbohydrateContent 87.6, FiberContent 1.8, SugarContent 69, ProteinContent 6.2
RAISIN SPICE CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 60 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 15 servings.
|2 cups raisins|
|1-1/2 cups water|
|1/2 cup shortening|
|2 cups packed brown sugar|
|3 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup buttermilk|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|3 large eggs, beaten|
- In a saucepan, combine raisins and water. Cook until plump. Drain and set aside raisins, reserving 10 tablespoons cooking liquid. , In a bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves nutmeg and salt; set aside. Combine milk, soda, eggs and reserved cooking liquid. Add dry ingredients alternately with milk mixture to creamed mixture. Stir in cooked raisins. Pour into a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. , Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Just before serving, sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar.
Calories 340 calories, FatContent 8g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 43mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 207mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 64g carbohydrate (42g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
APPLESAUCE RAISIN CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Sharon Sisson
Categories: Apple Desserts
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13 inch pan
|4 cups all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons baking soda|
|2 teaspoons ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1 cup butter|
|2 cups white sugar|
|2 ½ cups applesauce|
|1 ½ cups chopped walnuts|
|2 cups raisins|
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13 inch pan. Mix together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the applesauce. Fold in the walnuts and raisins. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Calories 473.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 71.4 g, CholesterolContent 53.8 mg, FatContent 19.8 g, FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 6.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.3 g, SodiumContent 252 mg, SugarContent 41.5 g
APPLESAUCE RAISIN & NUT SPICE CAKE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Traci Coleman @TraciB70
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
|3 cup(s) flour|
|2 teaspoon(s) baking soda|
|1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice, ground|
|2 stick(s) butter, softened|
|1 cup(s) brown sugar|
|1 cup(s) sugar|
|1 – egg|
|2 cup(s) applesauce|
|1 cup(s) chopped nuts (i used pecans, toasted if desired)|
|1 cup(s) raisins|
|2 tablespoon(s) butter|
|1 cup(s) powdered sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) rum flavoring|
|3-4 teaspoon(s) milk|
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour (or spray) bundt pan generously.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, and allspice. Set aside.
- In large bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar and sugar until creamy. Beat in egg. Add applesauce and mix until just combined. Add flour mixture one cup at a time until fully incorporated. Stir in raisins and nuts by hand.
- Spoon into bundt pan. Cook 60-70 minutes until wooden skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 10 minutes before removing.
- To make glaze, melt butter in microwave. Add all remaining ingredients, mixing well until smooth. Let cool slightly before spooning over cooled cake.