STEAK AND EGGS HASH RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Chris Rosa
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 in (1 1/2 cm)|
|cold water, for cooking potatoes|
|1 ½ tablespoons kosher salt, divided|
|1 top sirloin steak|
|1 ½ teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, divided|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|½ small yellow onion, thinly sliced|
|8 oz cremini mushroom, steemed and quartered|
|1 small red bell pepper, seeded and diced|
|1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped|
|1 cup cherry tomato, halved|
|4 large eggs|
|1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced|
- Add the potatoes to a large pot and fill with enough cold water to cover by 1 inch (2 ½ cm). Season with 1½ teaspoons of salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 5 minutes, then drain and run under cold water to stop the potatoes from cooking further. Dry the potatoes with paper towels and set aside.
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Blot the steak dry with a paper towel and season on both sides with 1½ teaspoons of salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat a 10-inch (25 cm) cast iron skillet over high heat until smoking. Reduce the heat to medium-high. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and the canola oil to the pan and melt the butter completely, about 1 minute. Add the seasoned steak and cook, without disturbing, for 2 minutes on each side. The steak will be rare, but will finish cooking in the oven. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing into ¼-inch (6 mm) strips.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in the same skillet. Add the onion, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are slightly caramelized and the mushrooms have released their liquid, 8–10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and season with the remaining teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, and the oregano. Stir to combine and cook, without disturbing, for 4 minutes, until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp on one side. Add the cherry tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Make 4 wells in the hash using the back of a spoon and carefully crack an egg into each well.
- Scatter the sliced steak on top of the hash and transfer to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny.
- Remove the hash from the oven and season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Garnish with the parsley.
- Serve warm.
Calories 486 calories, CarbohydrateContent 56 grams, FatContent 20 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 22 grams, SugarContent 8 grams
BEST STEAK & EGGS RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE STEAK & EGGS
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low-carb,low sugar,nut-free,dinner party,weeknight meals,dinner,main dish,meat
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 2 servings
|1 1″-thick New York strip steak (about 13 oz.)|
|2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided|
|1 tsp. Kosher salt, plus more for seasoning to taste|
|1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper, plus more for seasoning to taste|
|3/4 tsp. smoked paprika, plus more for seasoning to taste|
|2 tbsp. butter|
|Roasted potatoes, for serving|
|Parsley, for serving|
|Dill, for serving|
- Remove steak from refrigerator and let come to room temperature, 30 minutes.
- Rub steak with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and season all over with 1 ½ teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and ¾ teaspoon paprika.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook, flipping once, until a deep golden crust begins to form on both sides of the steak, about 5 minutes total.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add butter to pan. Using a kitchen towel, carefully grip the skillet handle and tilt towards you so that the melting butter forms a pool at the bottom of the skillet. Using a spoon, continually baste butter onto steak to form a deeper golden crust. Flip steak and repeat, 2 to 3 minutes in total. Using a meat thermometer, check for doneness: 120-125°F for medium rare, 130°F for medium.
- Transfer steak onto a cutting board and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Crack egg into pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until white is set and edges are just beginning to brown. Remove from pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice steak into 1″ strips on a bias, against the grain.
- Serve steak with eggs and potatoes. Garnish with herbs and season with more salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.
STEAK AND EGG HASH | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Eggland’s Best
Categories: Breakfast Potatoes
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|1 beef sirloin steak, sliced|
|1 pound potatoes, cut into small pieces|
|Salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|1 sweet onion, chopped|
|4 Eggland’s Best Eggs, large|
|1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved|
|Dried Italian seasoning|
- Cook the steak in the cast iron skillet over medium heat, flipping half way through until entirely cooked through. Remove to a plate and reserve the drippings in the skillet.
- Add the potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, (8 to 12 minutes).
- Add the onion and cook until lightly browned and the potatoes are cooked through, (3 to 5 minutes).
- Cut steak into pieces and return to skillet, reduce the heat to low.
- Make 4 shallow wells in the potato mixture and crack an egg into each one.
- Scatter the tomatoes throughout the skillet and cover; cooking until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny ( 6 to 12 minutes)
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper, sprinkle with Italian Seasoning, and enjoy!
Calories 159.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16.4 g, CholesterolContent 154 mg, FatContent 4.8 g, FiberContent 2.3 g, ProteinContent 13 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.6 g, SodiumContent 94.3 mg, SugarContent 1.6 g