QUICK AND EASY STUFFED PEPPERS | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Allrecipes Member
Categories: Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 large red bell peppers, halved and seeded|
|1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid|
|⅓ cup quick-cooking brown rice|
|2 tablespoons hot water|
|2 green onions, thinly sliced|
|½ cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and drained|
|½ (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed|
|¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese|
- Arrange pepper halves in a 9 inch square glass baking dish. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic wrap for vents, and heat 4 minutes in the microwave, or until tender.
- In a medium bowl, mix tomatoes and their liquid, rice, and water. Cover with plastic, and cook in the microwave for 4 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Stir green onions, corn, kidney beans, and red pepper flakes into the tomato mixture. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon hot tomato mixture evenly into pepper halves, and cover with plastic wrap. Poke a few holes in the plastic to vent steam, and heat in the microwave 4 minutes. Remove plastic, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese, and allow to stand 1 to 2 minutes before serving.
Calories 179.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.6 g, CholesterolContent 12.2 mg, FatContent 4.4 g, FiberContent 6.6 g, ProteinContent 9.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.1 g, SodiumContent 351.9 mg, SugarContent 6.4 g
CLASSIC STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 6 stuffed bell peppers, 6 serving(s)
|6 large green bell peppers|
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|2 tablespoons finely chopped onions|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1/8 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1 cup rice (measured dry, before cooking) or 1 cup brown rice, cooked (measured dry, before cooking)|
|1 cup frozen corn kernel (optional)|
|1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce|
|3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|grated parmesan cheese, for serving|
- Cut thin slice from stem end of each pepper. Remove seeds and membranes; rinse. Place peppers, with tops, upright in ungreased 9×12 inch glass baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave until hot, 3 to 4 minutes–(note: do NOT cook peppers until done, you are just blanching them, 3 to 4 minutes should be plenty, depending on the size of your peppers). Proceed to finish cooking in microwave OR in oven (see following instructions).
- OVEN METHOD: Cook and stir hamburger and onion until hamburger is light brown; drain if necessary. Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, cooked rice, corn (if using), and 1 cup of the tomato sauce; heat through.
- Stuff each pepper with hamburger mixture; stand upright in ungreased baking dish, 9×12 inches. Pour remaining sauce over peppers. Replace tops (stem ends) on peppers. Cover with foil; cook in 350 degree F oven 45 minutes. Uncover; cook 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- MICROWAVE METHOD: (This is a good technique in warm weather, when you don’t want to heat up your kitchen!): Mix cooked rice, uncooked hamburger, onion, salt, pepper, garlic powder, corn, and 1 cup of the tomato sauce. Stuff each pepper with about 1/2 cup of the hamburger mixture. Pour remaining sauce over peppers. Replace tops on peppers. Cover with plastic wrap; microwave 7 minutes on HIGH. Turn plate; microwave until mixture is done, 7 to 8 minutes longer. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese at the table. Makes 6 servings.
Calories 343.8, FatContent 11.3, SaturatedFatContent 5.1, CholesterolContent 60.2, SodiumContent 711.2, CarbohydrateContent 38, FiberContent 4.4, SugarContent 7.3, ProteinContent 22.8
STUFFED GREEN PEPPER CUPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|1 pound ground beef|
|1/3 cup finely chopped onion|
|1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided|
|1/4 cup water|
|3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
|1/2 cup uncooked instant rice|
|4 medium green peppers|
- Crumble beef into a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl; add the onion. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, water, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes. Stir in rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove tops and seeds from peppers; cut in half lengthwise. Stuff with meat mixture; place in an ungreased microwave-safe shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until peppers are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories 303 calories, FatContent 12g fat (5g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 59mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1226mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 25g protein.
MICROWAVE STUFFED GREEN BELL PEPPERS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 29 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 14 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|4 large green peppers|
|1 medium onion, finely chopped|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|2 tablespoons celery|
|1 cup tomato sauce, divided|
|1/2 cup cooked rice|
|1 1/2 teaspoons parsley|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
- Wash the peppers. Remove tops, seeds, and any membranes. Set upside down to drain.
- Fry the hamburger, onion, garlic, and celery. Drain well. Stir in remaining ingredients reserving 1/4 cup of the tomato sauce.
- Fill the peppers mounding the filling on top. Place peppers in a casserole dish. Cover and microwave 12 minutes. Spread 1 tablespoons tomato sauce on each pepper and heat uncovered until tomato sauce is hot, about a minute.
Calories 361.4, FatContent 18.8, SaturatedFatContent 7.2, CholesterolContent 130, SodiumContent 754.8, CarbohydrateContent 22.9, FiberContent 4.3, SugarContent 8.3, ProteinContent 25.8