THANKSGIVING STUFFING (CHEAT! USING STOVE TOP) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|2 medium onions, minced|
|2 -3 stalks celery, chopped fine|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (I use Bell’s)|
|2 cups turkey broth or 2 cups vegetable broth|
|2 (6 ounce) packages stove top-style seasoned stuffing mix|
- Saute onions and celery in butter.
- Sprinkle with poultry seasoning.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Toss this mixture into your favorite dry stuffing mix.
- Heat broth and set aside.
- Read directions on your favorite stuffing mix box.
- Add enough hot water to the broth to make up the required liquid needed.
- (Omit butter the recipe calls for as it was already used to saute vegetables.)
- Pour over stuffing/vegetables mixture and mix well.
- Stuff your chicken or turkey. For a side dish place stuffing in a baking dish; cover and bake for 15 to 25 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Calories 283.4, FatContent 6.3, SaturatedFatContent 3.1, CholesterolContent 10.7, SodiumContent 1092.9, CarbohydrateContent 47.5, FiberContent 2.7, SugarContent 6.7, ProteinContent 8.4
SEMI-HOMEMADE STUFFING RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Tori Raye
Categories: Bread Stuffing and Dressing
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch pan
|1 teaspoon butter, or as needed|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|¼ cup diced yellow onion|
|¼ cup chopped celery|
|¼ cup chopped scallions|
|1 medium pear, cored and diced|
|¼ teaspoon minced garlic|
|2 (6 ounce) boxes dry bread stuffing mix|
|¼ cup chopped fresh parsley|
|1 (32 ounce) container chicken broth|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, scallions, pear, and garlic; cook and stir until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Place stuffing mix into a large mixing bowl. Stir in cooked vegetables and parsley. Add chicken broth, 1 cup a time, and stir until broth has been absorbed by the stuffing mix and stuffing is desired consistency. Spoon stuffing into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown on top, about 30 minutes.
Calories 173.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29.4 g, CholesterolContent 2.6 mg, FatContent 4.1 g, FiberContent 1.8 g, ProteinContent 4.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.7 g, SodiumContent 967.2 mg, SugarContent 5.1 g