BARBECUED CHICKEN RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Sam Sifton
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|1 cup barbecue sauce (see recipe)|
|6 to 8 chicken legs (drumsticks and thighs) skin-on, bone-in, about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds|
|Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste|
- Build a fire in your grill, leaving one side free of coals. When coals are covered with gray ash and the temperature is medium (you can hold your hand 5 inches above the coals for 5 to 7 seconds), you are ready to cook. (For a gas grill, turn one of the burners down to low or off, lower cover and heat for 15 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, combine barbecue sauce with 1 cup water and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces generously with salt and pepper, then put them on the grill directly over the coals and cook for about 15 minutes, turning once every 5 minutes or so, and brushing with the thinned barbecue sauce. When the chicken skin starts to crisp and darken, move the pieces to the cooler side of the grill and let them cook for 15 to 20 minutes more, or until a peek inside shows that the meat no longer has any red at the center.
- Move the chicken back onto the hot side of the grill and baste with sauce again, turning the meat a few times. Remove to a warmed platter and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 534, UnsaturatedFatContent 22 grams, CarbohydrateContent 16 grams, FatContent 35 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 36 grams, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams, SodiumContent 785 milligrams, SugarContent 12 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
BEST OVEN-BAKED BBQ CHICKEN RECIPE – DELISH.COM
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: Barbeque,dinner party,picnic,Sunday lunch,dinner,lunch,poultry
Total time: 2 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 8 servings
|1 1/2 c. ketchup|
|1 c. packed brown sugar|
|1/2 c. water|
|1/4 c. apple cider vinegar|
|1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tbsp. molasses|
|1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt|
|1/2 tsp. garlic powder|
|1/2 tsp. onion powder|
|1/4 tsp. ground mustard|
|3 lb. bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, drumsticks, and breasts|
|2 large onions, thinly sliced|
|1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
- Make barbecue sauce: In a large bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, water, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, molasses, and spices. Reserve 1 cup of sauce for later. Add chicken to remaining barbecue sauce. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- Make chicken: Preheat oven to 425° and line a large baking sheet with foil. Place onions on baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and toss to coat. Place chicken on top of onions, skin side up, and bake until golden and internal temperature reaches 165°, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Turn oven to broil. Brush chicken with reserved barbecue sauce on both sides and broil until skin is crispy and sauce is thickened, 5 minutes.