3-CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE: HOT SAUCES RECIPES
Provided by: WEBMD.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 1/4 cups low-fat milk or fat-free half-and-half|
|2 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese|
|2 1/2 ounces reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese|
|2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/8 teaspoon pepper|
- In a small saucepan, blend flour with 2 tablespoons of the milk or half-and-half to form a smooth paste. Using a wire whisk, slowly blend in remaining milk until smooth. Simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Reduce heat and add cheeses, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir until well blended and cheese has melted.
- Remove from heat and use as desired.
Calories 102 calories, ProteinContent 6.6 g, CarbohydrateContent 3.1 g, FatContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.5 g, CholesterolContent 22.6 mg, SodiumContent 119 mg, SugarContent 0.6 g
FOUR CHEESE SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Dominic
Categories: Creamy Pasta Sauce
Yield: 3 to 4 cups
|2 cups heavy whipping cream|
|½ cup butter|
|½ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|½ cup shredded provolone cheese|
|½ cup grated Romano cheese|
- In a medium saucepan combine whipping cream and butter. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently until butter melts. Gradually stir in grated Parmesan cheese, grated mozzarella cheese, grated provolone cheese, and grated Romano cheese. Reduce heat to low, and continue to stir just until all cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately, sauce will thicken upon standing.
Calories 203.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.2 g, CholesterolContent 67.7 mg, FatContent 20.4 g, ProteinContent 4.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 12.7 g, SodiumContent 193.1 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
THREE-CHEESE PASTA BAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: MyRecipes
Total time: 42 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 7 minutes
Yield: Makes 4 servings
|1 (8-oz.) package penne pasta|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|2 tablespoons flour|
|1 ½ cups milk|
|½ cup half-and-half|
|½ cup (4 oz.) shredded white Cheddar cheese|
|¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1 cup (8 oz.) shredded Gruyère cheese, divided*|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon pepper|
|Pinch of ground nutmeg|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour; cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half; cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, and next 3 ingredients until smooth.
- Stir together pasta and cheese mixture, and pour into 4 lightly greased 8-oz. baking dishes or 1 lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. (If using 8-oz. baking dishes, place in a jelly-roll pan for easy baking, and proceed as directed.) Top with remaining 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- *Swiss cheese may be substituted.
- Note: To make ahead, proceed with recipe as directed through Step (Do not top with remaining Gruyère cheese.) Cover and chill up to 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly. Increase oven temperature to 400°. Top pasta mixture with remaining Gruyère cheese, and bake 10 more minutes or until golden.