LADYFINGERS FOR TIRAMISU RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
|6 large eggs, separated|
|11 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour|
|Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting|
- Draw two 13-by-4-inch rectangular templates on each of two pieces of parchment paper; place on rimmed baking sheets; set aside. Prepare a large pastry bag with a 1/2-inch tip, and set aside.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Whisk yolks, 10 tablespoons granulated sugar, and vanilla using high speed on an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, until mixture is thick and pale, 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually add flour, folding in gently; set aside. Using electric mixer, whisk egg whites until frothy. While whisking, gradually add remaining 1 tablespoon sugar; beat until stiff, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold 1/3 of whites into reserved yolk mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whites until just incorporated.
- Fill pastry bag with batter, and pipe ladyfingers, 1/2 inch thick, between the short lines drawn on parchment paper. Using a fine mesh sieve, generously dust ladyfingers with confectioners’ sugar, and allow the sugar to soak in, about 3 minutes. Place in oven and bake, rotating trays once, until light golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool and dry out slightly, at least 2 hours. Remove from parchment paper.
HOMEMADE LADY FINGERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Roxanne Shepphird
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 dozen
|4 eggs, separated|
|⅔ cup white sugar, divided|
|⅞ cup all-purpose flour|
|½ teaspoon baking powder|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Line two 17×12-inch baking sheets with parchment paper. Fit a large pastry bag with a plain 1/2- inch round tube.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl and beat on high with an electric mixer until soft peaks start to form. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and continue beating until stiff and glossy.
- Beat egg yolks and remaining sugar in a separate bowl until thick and very pale in color.
- Fold 1/2 of the egg whites into egg yolk mixture; sift in flour and baking powder, then fold in the remaining egg whites until combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pastry bag. Pipe 3-inch “fingers” in rows about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until firm to the touch and just golden, about 8 minutes.
Calories 25 calories, CarbohydrateContent 4.6 g, CholesterolContent 15.5 mg, FatContent 0.4 g, FiberContent 0.1 g, ProteinContent 0.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.1 g, SodiumContent 11 mg, SugarContent 2.8 g
CLASSIC TIRAMISÙ RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Alison Roman
Total time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
|4 large egg yolks|
|1/2 cup/100 grams granulated sugar, divided|
|3/4 cup heavy cream|
|1 cup/227 grams mascarpone (8 ounces)|
|1 3/4 cups good espresso or very strong coffee|
|2 tablespoons rum or cognac|
|2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder|
|About 24 ladyfingers (from one 7-ounce/200-gram package)|
|1 to 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, for shaving (optional)|
- Using an electric mixer in a medium bowl, whip together egg yolks and 1/4 cup/50 grams sugar until very pale yellow and about tripled in volume. A slight ribbon should fall from the beaters (or whisk attachment) when lifted from the bowl. Transfer mixture to a large bowl, wiping out the medium bowl used to whip the yolks and set aside.
- In the medium bowl, whip cream and remaining 1/4 cup/50 grams sugar until it creates soft-medium peaks. Add mascarpone and continue to whip until it creates a soft, spreadable mixture with medium peaks. Gently fold the mascarpone mixture into the sweetened egg yolks until combined.
- Combine espresso and rum in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Using a sifter, dust the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish (an 8×8-inch dish, or a 9-inch round cake pan would also work here) with 1 tablespoon cocoa powder.
- Working one at a time, quickly dip each ladyfinger into the espresso mixture — they are quite porous and will fall apart if left in the liquid too long — and place them rounded side up at the bottom of the baking dish. Repeat, using half the ladyfingers, until you’ve got an even layer, breaking the ladyfingers in half as needed to fill in any obvious gaps (a little space in between is O.K.). Spread half the mascarpone mixture onto the ladyfingers in one even layer. Repeat with remaining espresso-dipped ladyfingers and mascarpone mixture.
- Dust top layer with remaining tablespoon of cocoa powder. Top with shaved or finely grated chocolate, if desired.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours (if you can wait 24 hours, all the better) before slicing or scooping to serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 381, UnsaturatedFatContent 9 grams, CarbohydrateContent 35 grams, FatContent 23 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 7 grams, SaturatedFatContent 13 grams, SodiumContent 166 milligrams, SugarContent 14 grams