SPAGHETTI SALAD WITH TUNA (SMALL BATCH) | THE ENGLISH KITCHEN
Provided by: Marie Rayner
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 TBS extra virgin olive oil|
|1/4 cup (65g) kalamata olives, pitted and quartered|
|2 TBS finely chopped fresh parsley|
|2 TBS finely chopped fresh basil|
|2 TBS finely chopped fresh chives|
|1 TBS drained capers|
|pinch red pepper flakes|
|1/2 each roasted red and yellow peppers, peeled and torn into pieces|
|1 clove garlic, peeled and minced|
|1 can albacore tuna, drained and flaked|
|1 TBS good quality balsamic vinegar|
|1/2 TBS fresh lemon juice|
|salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste|
|6 ounces (175g) dry spaghetti noodles|
- Whisk the oil, olives, parsley, basil, chives, capers, red pepper flakes, peppers, garlic and tuna together in a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with the vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Leave to marinate at room temperature for half an hour.
- Just prior to serving, cook the spaghetti in salted boiling water according to the package directions, just until al dente. Drain well and rinse. Drain again.
- Toss the cooked spaghetti with the salad ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning as required.
- Serve slightly warm, or at room temperature.
TUNA SPAGHETTI SALAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|3/4 lb spaghetti|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced (use less if you wish)|
|1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes|
|1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced|
|2 roasted red peppers, diced|
|2 (7 ounce) cans tuna in water, drained and flaked|
|2 tablespoons chopped black olives|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh basil|
|2 green onions, finely sliced|
- Put on a large pot of salted water to boil; cook spaghetti until al dente stage; drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, garlic, hot pepper flakes and salt and pepper until well combined.
- Stir in tomatoes, roasted peppers (you can substitute raw red bell peppers if you wish, but the taste will be a little different; still good, just different), tuna and olives (I use greek kalamata olives).
- Next, stir in parsley and basil (do not substitute dried) and green onions.
- Add the well-drained spaghetti to bowl and thoroughly combine with sauce.
- Taste; add more salt and pepper if you wish.
- This is best served either warm or at room temperature; if you wish to make it ahead of time, cover well and refrigerate, but bring it back to room temp before you serve it.
Calories 356.5, FatContent 7.9, SaturatedFatContent 1.4, CholesterolContent 29.1, SodiumContent 390.6, CarbohydrateContent 45.6, FiberContent 2.8, SugarContent 2.3, ProteinContent 24.5