TURKEY TENDERLOIN RECIPE (OVEN-BAKED) | KITCHN
Provided by: Shilpa Uskokovic
Categories: Main dish,Dinner,Poultry dish
Total time: 3000S
Prep time: 900S
Cook time: 2100S
|1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon smoked paprika|
|2 teaspoons kosher salt|
|2 teaspoons dried ground sage|
|2 teaspoons dried thyme|
|2 teaspoons garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne (optional)|
|2 turkey breast tenderloins (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total)|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
- Place 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, 1 tablespoon smoked paprika, 2 teaspoons ground sage, 2 teaspoons kosher salt, 2 teaspoons dried thyme, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne (if using) in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pat 2 turkey tenderloins dry with paper towels and place in a medium bowl. Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly over the turkey, making sure to use all of it and pressing it into the flesh so it adheres. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 325°F. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large cast iron or oven-proof non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the turkey tenderloins and cook until browned on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook until browned on the second side, about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until the turkey is cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers 155°F when inserted into the thickest part, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Transfer the turkey to a clean cutting board and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice thinly crosswise and taste and season with more kosher salt as needed before serving.
SaturatedFatContent 4.5 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 4.0 g, SugarContent 2.4 g, ServingSize Serves 6, ProteinContent 49.9 g, FatContent 18.4 g, Calories 393 cal, SodiumContent 543.6 mg, FiberContent 0.7 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg