HAWAIIAN PIZZA – WHAT’S GABY COOKING
|1 recipe Homemade Pizza Dough|
|2 large balls of fresh mozzarella (torn)|
|10 pieces Butterball Turkey Bacon|
|1 cup pizza sauce|
|1 cup fresh pineapple (cut into chunks)|
|Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper|
|red pepper flakes|
- Pre-heat your oven to 500 degrees. Thirty minutes before cooking the pizza, put your pizza stone in the oven.
- Divide the pizza dough into 2 even pieces. Stretch each piece of dough in a circular motion, then lay them both out on a flat surface and flatten out using a rolling pin. If you have a pizza peel, sprinkle some flour on it and place the stretched out dough on the peel.
- Once your 2 pizza doughs are flat and ready to be cooked, use a spoon to spread the pizza sauce around the dough leaving a little bit for the crust.
- Tear the mozzarella into pieces and top each pizza with equal amounts of the mozzarella, cooked turkey bacon, pineapple and jalapeños. Transfer the pizzas into the oven and bake for 12-13 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Remove pizza from the oven. Season with salt and pepper and additional red pepper flakes if needed, slice and serve.
QUICK HAWAIIAN PIZZA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 slices.
|1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust|
|1/2 cup marinara sauce|
|1/4 cup barbecue sauce|
|1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, chopped|
|1 cup cubed fresh pineapple|
|1/2 cup chopped fully cooked ham|
|1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese|
|1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese|
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place crust on a baking sheet. Mix marinara and barbecue sauces; spread over crust., Top with remaining ingredients. Bake until crust is browned and cheeses are melted, 10-15 minutes.
Calories 290 calories, FatContent 10g fat (5g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 29mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 792mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, FiberContent 5g fiber), ProteinContent 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 2 starch