MEDITERRANEAN EGGS RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
|1 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil|
|4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)|
|1 medium tomato, chopped (3/4 cup)|
|1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves|
|4 eggs or 1 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product|
|Freshly ground pepper|
- Heat oil in 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onions in oil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and basil. Cook about 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until tomato is heated through.
- Beat eggs thoroughly with fork or wire whisk; pour over tomato mixture.
- As mixture begins to set at bottom and side, gently lift cooked portions with spatula so that thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom. Avoid constant stirring. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist. Sprinkle with pepper.
Calories 190 , CarbohydrateContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 425 mg, FatContent 1/2 , FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 13 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 1/2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 130 mg, SugarContent 3 g, TransFatContent 0 g
SOFT AND CREAMY SCRAMBLED EGGS
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: Makes approximately 2 servings
|1/2 tablespoon butter|
|4 large eggs|
|1/8 teaspoon kosher salt, or more to taste|
- Melt the butter in a medium non-stick pan over medium-low heat.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, add a pinch of salt and whisk until well blended.
- When the butter begins to bubble, pour in the eggs and immediately use a silicone spatula to swirl in small circles around the pan, without stopping, until the eggs look slightly thickened and very small curds begin to form, about 30 seconds.
- Change from making circles to making long sweeps across the pan until you see larger, creamy curds; about 20 seconds.
- When the eggs are softly set and slightly runny in places, remove the pan from the heat and leave for a few seconds to finish cooking. Give a final stir and serve immediately. Serve with an extra sprinkle of salt, a grind of black pepper and a few fresh chopped herbs (if desired).
Calories 168, ProteinContent 13 g, CarbohydrateContent 1 g, FiberContent 0 g, SugarContent 0 g, FatContent 12 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, CholesterolContent 380 mg