DIVINITY CANDY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 60 pieces (1-1/2 pounds).
|2 large egg whites|
|3 cups sugar|
|2/3 cup water|
|1/2 cup light corn syrup|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup chopped pecans|
- Place egg whites in the bowl of a stand mixer; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, line three 15x10x1-in. pans with waxed paper., In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, water and corn syrup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly to dissolve sugar. Cook, without stirring, over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 252° (hard-ball stage). Just before the temperature is reached, beat egg whites on medium speed until stiff peaks form., Slowly add hot sugar mixture in a thin stream over egg whites, beating constantly and scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Add vanilla. Beat until candy holds its shape, 5-6 minutes. (Do not overmix or candy will get stiff and crumbly.) Immediately fold in pecans., Quickly drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared pans. Let stand at room temperature until dry to the touch. Store between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container at room temperature.
Calories 61 calories, FatContent 1g fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 4mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 13g carbohydrate (12g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 0 protein.
CHOCOLATE SWIRL DIVINITY RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Provided by: Land O’Lakes
Total time: 0 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Yield: 36 candies
|3 cups sugar|
|3/4 cup light corn syrup|
|3/4 cup water|
|1/8 teaspoon salt|
|3 large Land O Lakes® Eggs (whites only)|
|2 teaspoons vanilla|
|1 (12-ounce) package (2 cups) real semi-sweet chocolate chips|
- Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and salt in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 5-8 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking, without stirring, 30-60 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 260°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a hard ball.
- Butter baking sheets; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in bowl at high speed until stiff peaks form. Beat at medium speed while slowly pouring thin stream of hot syrup into egg whites. Beat at high speed, scraping bowl often, 4-6 minutes or until mixture loses gloss and starts to hold shape. Stir in vanilla and chocolate chips just until chocolate melts and forms swirls.
- Drop tablespoons of mixture quickly onto prepared baking sheets. Cool completely.
Calories 130 calories, FatContent 3 grams, SaturatedFatContent grams, TransfatContent grams, CholesterolContent 0 milligrams, SodiumContent 15 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 27 grams, FiberContent 0 grams, SugarContent grams, ProteinContent 1 grams
DIVINITY RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 12 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|2 2/3 cups sugar|
|2/3 cup light corn syrup|
|1/2 cup water|
|2 egg whites|
|1 teaspoon vanilla|
|2/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts|
- Cook sugar, corn syrup and water (use 1 tablespoon less water on humid days) in 2-quart saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved. Continue cooking, without stirring, to 260°F on candy thermometer or until small amount of mixture dropped into very cold water forms a hard ball that holds its shape but is pliable.
- Beat egg whites in medium bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Continue beating while pouring hot syrup in a thin stream into egg whites, beating constantly on medium speed. (For best results, use electric stand mixer, not a portable handheld mixer since beating time is about 10 minutes and mixture is thick.) Add vanilla. Beat until mixture holds its shape and becomes slightly dull. (Mixture may become too stiff for mixer.) Gently stir in nuts.
- Drop mixture from buttered spoon onto waxed paper. Let stand at room temperature at least 12 hours, turning candies over once, until candies feel firm. Store in airtight container.
Calories 70 , CarbohydrateContent 15 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg, FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 0 g, SaturatedFatContent 0 g, ServingSize 1 Candy, SodiumContent 10 mg